By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wada clarifies Versus XIII multiplat talk

Ping_ii said:
RareglovE said:
sooner or later it will happen, this Gen shows that sony is loosing their exclusivity like dominoes. no doubt fans of sony will be hurt but waht can they do boycott SE i doubt that very much. fans may scream and yell but in the end "BASTARD WADA" oops Mr wada has to look out for his companys own interest

You make it sound like PS3 is the only console that lost exclusives.....

if you look at the big picture then is a yes sony lost more exclusive then any other console in this gen it all started with DMC4

Around the Network
RareglovE said:
Ping_ii said:
RareglovE said:
sooner or later it will happen, this Gen shows that sony is loosing their exclusivity like dominoes. no doubt fans of sony will be hurt but waht can they do boycott SE i doubt that very much. fans may scream and yell but in the end "BASTARD WADA" oops Mr wada has to look out for his companys own interest

if you look at the big picture then is a yes sony lost more exclusive then any other console in this gen it all started with DMC4

Not really, only reason it seems that way is because for some unknown reason ppl think games like GTA or assasins creed or MGS rising for that matter was suppose to be ps3 exclusive when all the other GTA b4 has been multiplat and GTA/MGS rising/Assasins was never officially announced as EXCLUSIVE in the first place,I dont know if their doing this to just make ps3 look like it lost exclusive or just UNINFORMED and thought GTA was a SONY franchise...

A good example to this is like saying 360 lost exclusive cause bungie is now making a ps3 game, notice how it makes it look like 360 lost exclusive just cause ppl view bungie = 360 exclusive? while in truth the new game wasn't even an exclusive in the first place so what exacly did 360 lose?

360 lost shit load of exclusive game too you just probly see more ps3 exclusive going multiplat discussed more compared to 360 exclusive going multiplat for some odd reason.

RareglovE said:
Ping_ii said:
RareglovE said:

I thought it started with VF5 actually?

Spankey said:

now they have a choice. the game takes about 20GB on PS3 - do they chop assets, compress things like textures and FMV to get it to one 7GB DVD or do they split the game into 3 disks and save as much of the assets intact as possible?

20GB ? I thought always he is going to use full Bluray capacity and want to max out the Bluray aka 50GB game.

Netyaroze said:
Spankey said:

now they have a choice. the game takes about 20GB on PS3 - do they chop assets, compress things like textures and FMV to get it to one 7GB DVD or do they split the game into 3 disks and save as much of the assets intact as possible?

20GB ? I thought always he is going to use full Bluray capacity and want to max out the Bluray aka 50GB game.

I chose a number that was semi-random based on it being easier to split into 3 7GB chunks than ~50GB is.

on a 50GB disk though, a lot of the data will be duplicated but I'm not going hazard a guesstimate as to how much.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network

5 years into development and NOW Wada is considering Multiplat?!!!!

Geez what would Nomura think of him...

he is just doing damage control to be allowed to reveal a big surprise at MS conference

MS may be angry to have lost the "surprise" of one of their nuclear weapons.

Time to Work !

he is just doing damage control to be allowed to reveal a big surprise at MS conference

Time to Work !

libellule said:

Square Enix is probably the most secretive major publisher in the world. Seriously, they pretty much pioneered the use of "closed theatres" when presenting games to the press. Just look at Versus XIII. Announced in 2006 and we still know virtually nothing about it. Same with Final Fantasy XIII until less than a year before it released in December. Agito XIII, The 3rd Birthday, Dragon Quest X, the list goes on and on. Their announcement of Final Fantasy XIII on 360 was such a huge secret that not even Kaz Hirai knew about it until a matter of hours prior to the announcment.

And you're suggesting that the CEO of said ridiculously secretive company just happened to accidently let a huge announcement slip on twitter? Yeah, I doubt that.

badgenome said:
Wada backing off = Nomura took a big steamer on his desk.

rofl