By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do any of the Halo titles deserve critical acclaim?

Barozi said:
Only Halo 2 is a bit overrated. Everything else is spot on.

This.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

Halo 2 is the only over rated one, and thats slightly.

I have played Halo 1 &3 and both of them are average 7/10 or 8/10 games at most.

This series became big only because it lacked any serious competition on consoles.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
I have played Halo 1 &3 and both of them are average 7/10 or 8/10 games at most.

This series became big only because it lacked any serious competition on consoles.

that doesn't explain why they are still so big. I think you'll find that the reason it did so well was because the story line is pretty decent, the gameplay has been left unchanged for the most part ( meaning no matter which Halo you pick up, when you play, it feels and looks like Halo), and the multiplayer beats pretty much everything out there in terms of fun.

Past Avatar picture!!!

max power said:
Of course Halo isn't worth the praise. The games are mediocre, and only received any attention because console FPS prior to Halo was sub-mediocre.

If the game were released on PC, it would have been met with mediocre reviews.
Oh wait, it was released on PC. And it was met with mediocre reviews.
(Yes, I know, it's an "inferior port," that offers higher resolution graphics, online gameplay, and the option of playing with a controller or m/kb).

Dude, have you actually done research or just making crap up in order to make yourself seem superior or elite? 

The PC Halo port has garnered very positive reviews.

http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/291594-halo-combat-evolved/index.html

It's arguable that Halo does rank up with classic PC shooters like Half-Life and Doom, I would explain why but I will allow former senior editor of GameSpot Greg Kasavin A.K.A. Best Game Critic Evar!!! to do that for me.

Around the Network

Does this question deserve an answer?

TheNoobHolocaust said:
Does this question deserve an answer?

Why not? this is a forum after all!!!

Past Avatar picture!!!

CollectiveCynic said:
max power said:
Of course Halo isn't worth the praise. The games are mediocre, and only received any attention because console FPS prior to Halo was sub-mediocre.

(Yes, I know, it's an "inferior port," that offers higher resolution graphics, online gameplay, and the option of playing with a controller or m/kb).

Dude, have you actually done research or just making crap up in order to make yourself seem superior or elite? 

It's arguable that Halo does rank up with classic PC shooters like Half-Life and Doom, I would explain why but I will allow former senior editor of GameSpot Greg Kasavin A.K.A. Best Game Critic Evar!!! to do that for me.

You're splitting hairs, I'd consider an 86 on gamerankings (83 on metacritic) to be pretty mediocre.  There were good parts, the score was great, the atmosphere was good, but the level design was just piss poor.  And while I thought the vehicle sections would be great, I felt the control scheme (pointing the camera rather than controlling the vehicle) really ruined it.  I'm not saying the game was terrible, it was just mediocre.

max power said:
CollectiveCynic said:
max power said:

You're splitting hairs, I'd consider an 86 on gamerankings (83 on metacritic) to be pretty mediocre.  There were good parts, the score was great, the atmosphere was good, but the level design was just piss poor.  And while I thought the vehicle sections would be great, I felt the control scheme (pointing the camera rather than controlling the vehicle) really ruined it.  I'm not saying the game was terrible, it was just mediocre.

Millions disagree with you. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

ironman said:

Millions disagree with you. 

Are we going by sales, now?  I guess that makes Britney Spears an excellent musician and Michael Bay a master filmmaker lol.