By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Someone Tell Sony Fans Final Fantasy Isn't Their Series! (article)

psrock said:
Khuutra said:

A lot of people are saying that the 360 is why FFXIII had that content left on the cutting floor. This isn't reasonable. I think that on some level there is a certain subset of people who are primarily upset that it's no longer exclusive just for the sake of that.

I mean, why would a person care if exclusivity is broken? Especially if the PS3 is the lead platform?

Just make the game Multiplat already, these developers seem to be the one playing around with which platform a game is coming. We just had a game announced with no set platform which makes no sense.

My thing is don't make us believe something just so you can make a big splash.

I don't think that's their intent, though

I imagine some guys at a baord meeting going

"Shit. Well, you guys, looks like the port may be worth it after all"

Around the Network

You're not helping...

4 ≈ One

darthdevidem01 said:
This whole issue today, many peoples attitude has been so disgusting!

Final Fantasy is Square-Enix's series & its the best RPG franchise & Ill enjoy each one till the end of time!

Darth.. Your truly the biggest FF fan iv ever seen, unbiased true FF fan.

OT- Yes i wish more people could see it, SE are a third party devs, not first party.

Khuutra said:
psrock said:
Khuutra said:

A lot of people are saying that the 360 is why FFXIII had that content left on the cutting floor. This isn't reasonable. I think that on some level there is a certain subset of people who are primarily upset that it's no longer exclusive just for the sake of that.

I mean, why would a person care if exclusivity is broken? Especially if the PS3 is the lead platform?

Just make the game Multiplat already, these developers seem to be the one playing around with which platform a game is coming. We just had a game announced with no set platform which makes no sense.

My thing is don't make us believe something just so you can make a big splash.

I don't think that's their intent, though

I imagine some guys at a baord meeting going

"Shit. Well, you guys, looks like the port may be worth it after all"

I doubt they are now figuring this out when almost every developers are going Multiplat.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Dgc1808 said:
You're not helping...

...who are you talking to?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

The Op. His thread... no help to problem.

4 ≈ One

ssj12 said:
article is wrong. Final Fantasy jumped to the PS1 because CDs held more storage then cartridges and there was an allowance for multi-discs if needed.

Ditto.

Final Fantasy VII was originally meant to be for the Super Nintendo... then the N64... and it ultimately landed on the Playstation.  Silly conspiracy theories :O

Besides, I think most of the Sony Fanboys are upset over that a previously announced exclusive is going multiplat... not that they "own" the series... although it isn't too unlikely for some idiot out there to think Sony does...

Hopefully if it does go multiplat there won't be a delay, as I don't want to wait around for Square to port the inferior version that you know they will *shakes his head in disgust*.  Oh well, the game from the superior rpg series, Dragon Quest IX, is coming out this summer, so I can wait for a bit longer :D!!!

Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:
I don't see people being pissed off because it isn't just a PS3 exclusive.

I see people pissed off because games that were promised as PS3 exclusives, are no longer being exclusive.

That, and the 360 ports making PS3 owners have to wait EVEN LONGER for the damn game.

Because they are primarily a fan of the console, not necessarily the series itself? They would care for the PS3 finally having it's own big exclusive from a 3rd party. Not having to share it's big exclusive, with the consoles biggest competitor.

Sure, it's only a slight few who seem to think that, but they still have a right to be slightly pissed.

Another reason i think could stand is this -

Square Enix this gen have basicly buttfucked Sony, and buttlicked Microsoft. The 360 gets a formerly PS franchise, Star Ocean... as an "Exclusive". Exclusive games like Infinate Undiscovery and the Last Remnant while the PS3 remains in the dark. Square Enix also abandon the PS franchise for another flagship series, Dragon Quest.

The PS3 exclusive, Final Fantasy XIII, is then showed at the Microsoft E3 show. This is then rubbed in for over a year constantly at every FF, RPG or game discussion.

The game is THEN delayed for however long. It is confirmed that a LOT of content has been cut. And the 360 version gets exclusive bundles and advertising, despite it being blatantly obvious to anyone but Greenberg that the PS3 version would be the far superior version sales-wise.

The game releases, is bashed by reviewers but sells well. Big, big win for the PS3 sales-wise, as expected... Despite the 360 ad's and bundles. This add's fuel to the fire.

Now, the PS3's final "exclusive" game. Built ground up for the PS3. Nomura, a well known fan of the PS franchise is making it. Touted as being fully exclusive from day 1. Is rumored to be going to the 360... Can you really blame Sony fans for being pissed off as much as they are? REALLY?

Carl2291 said:

Because they are primarily a fan of the console, not necessarily the series itself? They would care for the PS3 finally having it's own big exclusive from a 3rd party. Not having to share it's big exclusive, with the consoles biggest competitor.

Sure, it's only a slight few who seem to think that, but they still have a right to be slightly pissed.

Square Enix this gen have basicly buttfucked Sony, and buttlicked Microsoft. The 360 gets a formerly PS franchise, Star Ocean... as an "Exclusive". Exclusive games like Infinate Undiscovery and the Last Remnant while the PS3 remains in the dark. Square Enix also abandon the PS franchise for another flagship series, Dragon Quest.

The PS3 exclusive, Final Fantasy XIII, is then showed at the Microsoft E3 show. This is then rubbed in for over a year constantly at every FF, RPG or game discussion.

The game is THEN delayed for however long. It is confirmed that a LOT of content has been cut. And the 360 version gets exclusive bundles and advertising, despite it being blatantly obvious to anyone but Greenberg that the PS3 version would be the far superior version sales-wise.

The game releases, is bashed by reviewers but sells well. Big, big win for the PS3 sales-wise, as expected... Despite the 360 ad's and bundles. This add's fuel to the fire.

Now, the PS3's final "exclusive" game. Built ground up for the PS3. Nomura, a well known fan of the PS franchise is making it. Touted as being fully exclusive from day 1. Is rumored to be going to the 360... Can you really blame Sony fans for being pissed off as much as they are? REALLY?

It sounds like you're pissed yourself.

@Bolded

I have nto seen one SHRED of proof for that. Please provide some.

@2nd Bolded

That may be the reason for the advertisement to bolster sales even more. Ads for the PS3 wouldn't get as large as sales as 360 ads.

@Italics

Yes I can, because they're being irrational with their hate.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Carl2291 said:

Yes. Yes I can. Because if you care more about your platform than the games on it, then I hold that your priorities aren't on quite straight. You still get to play the game on the system that it was optimized for.

Yes, I can blame them. I've been doing it all topic. Do you want me to tut-tut at the whole affair? I will.