By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Red Dead Redemption 640P because of Blu Ray maxed out?

Your trolling is getting very old to be honest.

Around the Network

it's a statistical tie!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

the whole 66gb finished.........................lol

no its not

Confirmed on http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247104 that the PS3 version is running sub hd at 640p, 20% lower resolution then the 360 version.

Not sure how that makes him a anti Sony guy for pointing it out.

I mentioned yesterday before the reviews came out i had heard a rumour that some insiders were saying PS3 version was not the same on technical level as the 360 one. I got some flamming for that.

Nice to see i was right and those who questioned me now look a little silly.

Either way i am still getting it for my PS3.

OMG, I will unninstall my Notebook BluRay Drive and install a FLOPPY Drive to play EPIC GAMES! LOL :)

PSN: franco-br
MGS4, GH, MW2, GT5p, WipeoutHD, etc..etc..

Around the Network

thats really sad to hear that red dead is running 20 % lower on the ps3 compared to the xbox

while we have games coming out which are using the ps3 power in medal of honor and in Crysis 2

http://enkeixpress.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/red-dead-redemption-ps3-version-is-720p/
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/3178/red-dead-redemption-360-amp-ps3-identical

Red Dead Redemption – PS3 Version Runs At 720p

There has been alot of rumours & various reviews & reviewers going around stating that the PS3 version is “Sub-HD”, & has a resolution of 640p & whatnot.. Even Veteran Beyond 3D technical forum member’s Al_Strong had a little go with finding out it’s true resolution.

Well.. I can now confirm right here & now that the PS3 version’s native resolution is indeed 720p!

Take a look at this screenshot here that was taken directly from the PS3 version:

Direct-Capture PS3 720p Screenshot

That direct-feed screenshot’s resolution is exactly 1280 x 720.. therefore the PS3 version runs at no less than 720p, my friends

So, I hope that clears things up & if you want, you can see even more direct-capture screenshots from the PS3 version by clicking here which are also in.. *gasp*, Don’t be suprised now.. 720p.

You would not expect anything different from this guy.

Ping_ii said:

http://enkeixpress.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/red-dead-redemption-ps3-version-is-720p/
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/3178/red-dead-redemption-360-amp-ps3-identical

Red Dead Redemption – PS3 Version Runs At 720p

There has been alot of rumours & various reviews & reviewers going around stating that the PS3 version is “Sub-HD”, & has a resolution of 640p & whatnot.. Even Veteran Beyond 3D technical forum member’s Al_Strong had a little go with finding out it’s true resolution.

Well.. I can now confirm right here & now that the PS3 version’s native resolution is indeed 720p!

Take a look at this screenshot here that was taken directly from the PS3 version:

Direct-Capture PS3 720p Screenshot

That direct-feed screenshot’s resolution is exactly 1280 x 720.. therefore the PS3 version runs at no less than 720p, my friends

So, I hope that clears things up & if you want, you can see even more direct-capture screenshots from the PS3 version by clicking here which are also in.. *gasp*, Don’t be suprised now.. 720p.

Of course a direct capture is going to be 720p - its up scalled by the PS3. Otherwise the TV wouldn't be able to display it.

Thats why you have to pixel-count, which several people have done and all of them have confirmed that its 640p, just like GTA4.

But hey, if you want to trust some wordpress blog with a clear lack of knowledge about these things (plus an agenda), go for it. I'l trust the people who know what they're talking about.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Squilliam said:

It appears that Rockstar has obviously run out of room on the Blu Ray disc. I think we should commend them on making a great game which finally uses up 100% of the potential of a Blu Ray disc. I mean everyone here knows that its not how powerful your console is but the size of your disc which determines the typical rendering resolution on non-lazy ports.This has been confirmed by several web sources so I can barely contain my excitement!! Blu Ray finally and wholeheartedly vindicated!!!!!!!!! OMG yes yes yes yes.

I think we should all gather together and congratulate Rockstar on finally putting a nail in the coffin of all those Blu Ray doubters.

P.S. If you're fuming right now take a chill pill and relax, this is just a friendly jab at people who reckon rendering resolutions and disc space are somehow interlinked in order to educate them hopefully.

dito. good news. use it all? thats what i say.