By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Red Dead Redemption 640P because of Blu Ray maxed out?

It appears that Rockstar has obviously run out of room on the Blu Ray disc. I think we should commend them on making a great game which finally uses up 100% of the potential of a Blu Ray disc. I mean everyone here knows that its not how powerful your console is but the size of your disc which determines the typical rendering resolution on non-lazy ports.This has been confirmed by several web sources so I can barely contain my excitement!! Blu Ray finally and wholeheartedly vindicated!!!!!!!!! OMG yes yes yes yes.

I think we should all gather together and congratulate Rockstar on finally putting a nail in the coffin of all those Blu Ray doubters.

P.S. If you're fuming right now take a chill pill and relax, this is just a friendly jab at people who reckon rendering resolutions and disc space are somehow interlinked in order to educate them hopefully.

Tease.

Around the Network

this is why Floppy Disks >> Bluray

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:
this is why Floppy Disks >> Bluray

Which is why technology is always better when Sony goes it alone! 3.5" floppies were a Sony thing but Blu Ray was a consortium and you know what that word consort means don't you?!

Tease.

brilliant spin.. but disc space is most certainly relevant to resolution..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

The only thing that is maxed out is M$'s credit card from paying Rockstar to dumb down the game for the Billybox. Blue rayz + teh C3LL = 10 gig mandatory installation = futureproof!

Around the Network

Red Dead Redemption is 640p ? link ?

I wouldn't be surprised anyway since GTA IV was also 640p.

I'm fuming. Not because you offended me, but just because you make anti-PS3 threads under the guise of fail humor.

squilliam thread

640p confirmed where?!

OT: OMG!!!! Why didn't sony went for a cartridge in the first place!

Tsk tsk tsk. You're getting rusty, Squill!

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!