By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is Red Dead Redemption 640P because of Blu Ray maxed out?

Next thread please. Whats this the 4th in 2 days?

Around the Network

I approve of this thread 100%

Ping_ii said:
Im still w8ting for an official confirmation that ps3 version is 640p....

On the other hand why no joke thread about 540p alan wake or the 576p splinter cell what about the 576p FF13 + 3 disc? those would be 10x funnier than this IMO cause lower the resolution gets = more hillarious.

Like... Wow, man!

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

I'm not even going to validate this thread with a reply.

...wait a sec...

DAMMIT!!

You know its false because they are releasing a 5 disc version for 360 and im pretty sure bluray has more storage but maybe ive been in an alternative universe

Around the Network

However aumisng the OP was, I'd like to know what's the real resolution of the PS3 version of RDR. If it's really 640p and Rockstar is playing deaf, that's really lame on their part. I couldn't care less about this, I had great time with the lesser version of GTA IV so this doesn't bother me. But trying to slip there unnoticed is lameee.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Does anyone really care?
You get an ACHIEVEMENT/TROPHY for hog-tying a Nun and dropping her on the train tracks to get squished!
Fucking epic.

Probably the reason for the extra content on the PS3 version.

You get an ACHIEVEMENT/TROPHY for hog-tying a Nun and dropping her on the train tracks to get squished!

Yes it is a spoiler.

Fucking epic.

aragod said:
However aumisng the OP was, I'd like to know what's the real resolution of the PS3 version of RDR. If it's really 640p and Rockstar is playing deaf, that's really lame on their part. I couldn't care less about this, I had great time with the lesser version of GTA IV so this doesn't bother me. But trying to slip there unnoticed is lameee.

Well according to the people at the B3D forums (who are pretty much always spot on about this) it has a lower resolution on the PS3.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247104

"The Xbox 360 version of Red Dead Redemption has been confirmed to be 720p with 2x anti-aliasing, whereas the PlayStation 3 version has been pared down to approximately 640p. That's a 20 per cent lower rendering resolution."

"Infamous pixel-counter Quaz51 (he broke Halo 3's sub-HD resolution) confirmed this analysis, adding that he believes that Redemption's horizontal resolution is the same as Grand Theft Auto 4's. This puts the PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption at 640x1152; the equivalent of 644p."

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I think Squilliam is wrong and the answer is far more simpler than BD being maxed out.... Rockstar have maxed out the Pixies on the PS3! Without enough Pixies generating Pixels, the PS3 will be unable to generate Pixels of a higher resolution. MS has made the right decision to have a 3 Pixies intergrated into the 360 motherboard which allows for more Pixels to be generated through the use multithreading Pixies who eat through code and poop out Pixels which give a higher resolution image :p

smbu2000 said:
aragod said:

Well according to the people at the B3D forums (who are pretty much always spot on about this) it has a lower resolution on the PS3.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=247104

"The Xbox 360 version of Red Dead Redemption has been confirmed to be 720p with 2x anti-aliasing, whereas the PlayStation 3 version has been pared down to approximately 640p. That's a 20 per cent lower rendering resolution."

"Infamous pixel-counter Quaz51 (he broke Halo 3's sub-HD resolution) confirmed this analysis, adding that he believes that Redemption's horizontal resolution is the same as Grand Theft Auto 4's. This puts the PS3 version of Red Dead Redemption at 640x1152; the equivalent of 644p."

Well it seem pretty much given than, I just wish Rockstar would grow a pair of balls and say it out loud.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising