By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN: Red Dead Redemption Review PS3

Sharky54 said:
binary solo said:
I just know this game will not be allowed in my house: it's Rockstar so it's gonna be an R18 and my wife draws the line at R16s while the kids are the age they are. Otherwise it's a third person actioner I am really interested in playing.

I hope it does really well, has great legs and becomes another great franchise for R*.

One question: It's definitely adult in content, but is it mature in nature?

The day my girlfriend or wife starts to limit what I am allowed to buy, is the day I leave her.

You obviously don't have kids or can even comprehend their importance in a relationship. Leaving a woman you have multiple kids with over a squabble involving videogames she's afraid the kids would get into is in pretty poor taste.

On topic, I'm still very skeptical, but my brother is sold on it and is buying it, so I'll just borrow his copy to check it out. It should keep me occupied for a good 15 hours at a bare minimum, just because of the vast nature of these types of games. Even Just Cause kept my attention that long.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
pauly989 said:
I stopped reading ign again for a while they are xbox biased.

And next week it will be PS3 biased....

I got RRD...ps3 copy and 360 copy...theres not too much differnce besides the obvious color tone differnce..360...thou...bit better on pop in/frame rate.

But then again...look at the enigine...and how it was for gta4.

Wow, how did this get its own thread?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=109049

looks like its same as gta4.

ive had both versions of gta4, 360 was sharper but more jaggier, 360 frames were smoother but ps3 had far less pop in.

i expct same on both in grafix marks.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Sharky54 said:
binary solo said:
I just know this game will not be allowed in my house: it's Rockstar so it's gonna be an R18 and my wife draws the line at R16s while the kids are the age they are. Otherwise it's a third person actioner I am really interested in playing.

I hope it does really well, has great legs and becomes another great franchise for R*.

The day my girlfriend or wife starts to limit what I am allowed to buy, is the day I leave her.

+1 for not being pussy whipped buddy...don't ever let your gf/wife carry your balls around in her purse

to the rest of you...be a man

Around the Network
indodude said:
pariz said:
How come I hated GTA IV and I feel so atracted to Red Dead Redemption?

Err you prefer the Western setting?

It was so obvious that I didn't stop and think about it. Yeah, the setting might be it. I am from Patagonia, Argentina, a huge extension of land that was "colonized" way later than the rest of my country, just like the western in the US. That and I love epic experiences. It seems Red Dead Redemption is a really beautiful game. I hope is lots of fun too.

Onyxmeth said:
Sharky54 said:
binary solo said:

You obviously don't have kids or can even comprehend their importance in a relationship. Leaving a woman you have multiple kids with over a squabble involving videogames she's afraid the kids would get into is in pretty poor taste.

On topic, I'm still very skeptical, but my brother is sold on it and is buying it, so I'll just borrow his copy to check it out. It should keep me occupied for a good 15 hours at a bare minimum, just because of the vast nature of these types of games. Even Just Cause kept my attention that long.

I am pretty sure that she would be controlling long before I impregnate her. So there wouldn't be any children. And my parents split up twice. I turned out fine. I only kill people on the weekends.

But for real, I let no one control what I can and cannot view/play. It is not that hard to stop kids from playing them. And if they do? Well shit. They are going to sneak into R movies. Download R movies. Play it at someone else's house. Etc etc. It is much better to face it as it comes, rather than push it to the back and keep waiting on it. Some old school cartoons have more fucked up shit in them than some games. People over react. 

WOW dayuumm, i think this might actually steal some game of the year awards from gt5

I'm not convinced after GTA4. I mean, yes GTA4 was a good game, but IMO it did not deserve its scores.

I'm still getting the game though, as I like sandbox games and I'm a fan of Old West stuff.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

sieanr said:
flacomeza said:
sieanr said:
And yet the PS3 version runs at sub HD while the 360 version is 720p (like GTA4)

SourcE? Link? Twitter? anything?

Well known pixel counter on neogaf.

Its basically the same differences as GTA4. 360 has AA, 720p, better framerate, less pop in. PS3 is 640p, worse framerate and more pop in. Only differences is the PS3 now has quinicrux AA (supposedly 2x) and the 360 lacks the dithering problem of GTA4.

It shouldn't be surprising. This is the same engine tht was developed for Rockstar Table Tennis. Its had far more time for refinement on the 360. The PS3 version also supports custom soundtracks, which comes with an additional RAM penalty.

GTA4 on the 360 had terrible pop-in, installing to the hdd alleviated the problem slightly but it was still worse than the ps3 version.