By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2: Touch-screen, two cameras, games for “end 2010, beginning 2011″

Sony needs to innovate, not just bring out something with more expensive technology. Nothing in any of these rumored specs sounds in any way innovative. It seems like a repeat of the PSP go with a few more features.

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

Around the Network

DOOMED

Hehe Rumors Getting people Worked up.
ANYWAYS
Cool if true. Lets see what it looks like, What it can Do, and What it will Cost.
Then' lets all scream And Cry.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Wildchild_cob29 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
If this is true it's brilliant! Can't wait

(i don't want to insult anyone by saying this) How is that brilliant when basically, anything that is mentionned in the first post of the thread are ideas taken from somewhere else (say Nintendo) ?

How about they prove they are an innovative corporation by bringing their own ideas ?

I'm not trolling, just bringing the facts...

Maybe they will bring back the Batarang, first prototype for the ps3 controller. (just kidding hehe, that would be a nightmare)

I'm sorry to be saying this and not trying to be insulting here, but I think people who can't take anothers opinion and question it cuz it doesn't fall within what 'they expect' is just pathetically wrong and silly

So is the bigger screen and a more powerful device on the DS's part is coying from the psp? this copy this that is a stupid argument really

PSP is STILL the more powerful handheld this gen, the things it can do is just crazy...not just gaming but the multi media aspects are great as well..an even more powerful handheld means even more possibilities....

ANd oh please do not start the whole they copied touchscreen BS! They are using the same tech in phones etc that they produce and it's only a matter of time they put it in the psp as well...go do some research, touchscreen have been in the works for more than 50 years now, Ninty did NOT create it

PSP can do games that the DS an only dream of...Give me a Tekken:DR of the same quality in DS and convince me please...I have a ds and I enjoy it, it has a set of games that it's suited for and does well, so does the psp and if the next psp has the potential to do those types of games better than the first psp, then by all means, that's all 'I" hoped for and I find it brilliant...IF this is true

God damn, a 'rumor' comes out and the Ninty defense force with the world is stealing their crap is here, treating it liek fact and yada yada....

ps: it's funny how hypocrits act, same people were frowning when SOny was investing in 3D tech but suddenly the 3ds is the shiznet when haven't even seen what it does in reality

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

MonstaMack said:
ph4nt said:
No physical media = no buy from me.

To be honest I'm really surprised Sony would go this route after the PSP Go's weak reception. Then again, maybe they figure since no one would have the option to buy physical media the system will sell decently. I'd always rather have the option to go physical so I can buy used games/and/or sell a game that turned out not to my liking.

Main reason I bought the first PSP was because the games were so cheap (new and used market) but seeing all the sales they had for digital download on the original PSP I am a bit doubtful. I'll probably hold off on this one.

It's probably got nothing to do with the PSP Go and everything to do with the iphone/touch/pad.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Based on 4 core cell cpu? Fucking lol! 7 minute battery life confirmed!!!

Around the Network
M.U.G.E.N said:
Wildchild_cob29 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

(i don't want to insult anyone by saying this) How is that brilliant when basically, anything that is mentionned in the first post of the thread are ideas taken from somewhere else (say Nintendo) ?

How about they prove they are an innovative corporation by bringing their own ideas ?

Maybe they will bring back the Batarang, first prototype for the ps3 controller. (just kidding hehe, that would be a nightmare)

I'm sorry to be saying this and not trying to be insulting here, but I think people who can't take anothers opinion and question it cuz it doesn't fall within what 'they expect' is just pathetically wrong and silly

So is the bigger screen and a more powerful device on the DS's part is coying from the psp? this copy this that is a stupid argument really

PSP is STILL the more powerful handheld this gen, the things it can do is just crazy...not just gaming but the multi media aspects are great as well..an even more powerful handheld means even more possibilities....

ANd oh please do not start the whole they copied touchscreen BS! They are using the same tech in phones etc that they produce and it's only a matter of time they put it in the psp as well...go do some research, touchscreen have been in the works for more than 50 years now, Ninty did NOT create it

PSP can do games that the DS an only dream of...Give me a Tekken:DR of the same quality in DS and convince me please...I have a ds and I enjoy it, it has a set of games that it's suited for and does well, so does the psp and if the next psp has the potential to do those types of games better than the first psp, then by all means, that's all 'I" hoped for and I find it brilliant...IF this is true

God damn, a 'rumor' comes out and the Ninty defense force with the world is stealing their crap is here, treating it liek fact and yada yada....

ps: it's funny how hypocrits act, same people were frowning when SOny was investing in 3D tech but suddenly the 3ds is the shiznet when haven't even seen what it does in reality

The success of the DS proves to us that graphics don't matter. Gameplay counts. I'm surprised people don't get it after 6 years. yes the PSP may be more powerful than the DS but the graphics did not make the PSP successful amongst the casual or core audience.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Christian973 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
Wildchild_cob29 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

The success of the DS proves to us that graphics don't matter. Gameplay counts. I'm surprised people don't get it after 6 years. yes the PSP may be more powerful than the DS but the graphics did not make the PSP successful amongst the casual or core audience.

right...right....the touchscreen and camera in front and back has NOTHING to do with the success of the DS.  Just like the move has nothing to do with the wii right?  Nintendo doesn't invent things, they innovate them and make them mainstream.  Nintendo doesn't want to invent them because new inventions are almost never ready to be mainstream right away. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

M.U.G.E.N said:

Im pretty sure the modern smart phones are handhelds and im pretty sure they are more powerful with more RAM and faster processors etc.

Tease.

M.U.G.E.N said:
Wildchild_cob29 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

LOLL

You're jumping to conclusion really quick !

First of all, yeah i absolutly love what nintendo does, but i do love any quality games regardless of the platform

Who cares if PSP has a better hardware than DS. I mean, not saying it's not cool ('cause i own a PSP and enjoy the good games on it) as it can handle better graphics. That's great. But graphics is only one aspect of a game FYI.

I never said that Nintendo invented touchscreen or anything else. They were the first to do this (and many other things) in the video game industry eg. analog control stick, rumble, speaker on the wiimote, mic on the DS ...) I already know they didn't invent those technology, but they are still the first to use them in the industry (because we're on a videogame website, u can't mix things up with other industries. It just doesn't work that way)

Now, i know it's normal for sony to think about those features for their next portable console, but can't they bring someting new (on the hardware side) ? If they can pull out something that makes me **** my pants, i'll say it's brilliant. But, up until now, only Ninty managed to do that

PS.: ...And based on your reaction, you were insulted. Just saying loll

sorry if that is the case (even if i'm gonna get troll anyway lol)

wrong move imo.

they should go for a cheap as chips machine, possibly ps1.5 grafix with smoothing, touch screen and aim for a £99 price point.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...