By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP2: Touch-screen, two cameras, games for “end 2010, beginning 2011″

A lot of people already use digital downloads on their PSPs, but they aren't the digital downloads Sony wants.

Around the Network

Nothing is certain so I am not going to take this stuff seriously although I like what I just read.

phxprovost said:

lmao yea ok, a "4 core cell" in a hand held device? the thing gonna have a tiny nuclear fusion system inside it instead of a battery? It might have a 4 core ARM based cpu...but theres no way in hell  they are going to cram a mini cell in there, power it, and dissipate the heat generated by it

I would not be so sure of that.

this is Cell processor ver.

Of the "Spur's engine"

which is mainly used as a graphic's accelerator and is a very small chip.

it's already in TV's.

these are not the same speed Cell chip's that's in the Playstation 3

the standard SpursEngine SE1000 processor

it's Cell chip  1 PPE with four 1.5GHz synergistic processing elements (SPEs)

For reference, the PS3 has eight SPEs running at 3GHz, making it approximately 75 per cent quicker.

while the one in the phone would not be as big as even this small chip.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

As always, i will post how a PSP 2 should look

So awesome. So cool. So sexy.

Add some shoulder buttons. Make that screen a touch screen. Perfect!!

just upgrade the graphics and put another analog stick with a $250 price tag then i'm sold, no need for touch screen and camera's since it'll just increase the price even more.

Around the Network
Wiped said:
Sony haven't learned much then, I see. Anything even approaching a portable Cell is doomed to suffer the same fate as PSP - being overpriced and subject to lots of downgraded ports, only now they'll look shit compared to PS3 titles. Woopee.

CELL in PS3 is already cheap.And you think PS3 would have been possible on PSP2,you would be delusional for that

Kynes said:
A lot of people already use digital downloads on their PSPs, but they aren't the digital downloads Sony wants.

lol.........yeah sony just wants to pay for it.Still digital downloads PSP2 will not happen.It could be that do a digital download only PSP2 mobile

Kynes said:

your point?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

@OP what a load of F**king crap! How the hel lthey gonna keep the "four core" cool in a handheld? LOL ANyway i'm sure the PSP2 will be just a souped up DSi so yeah it's still not gonna sell

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Carl2291 said:

As always, i will post how a PSP 2 should look

So awesome. So cool. So sexy.

Add some shoulder buttons. Make that screen a touch screen. Perfect!!

me too.Love this design.I even like this one but it will be difficult to play on with buttons