By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why haven't you bought a Wii yet?

Because there are too many games on the PS3 that I haven't finished and more great games are being released all the time which leaves me no time for another console.

Also doesn't help that I'm a huge fan of Blizzard and with Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 just over the horizon you can see I'll be busy for the next couple of years by which time the next gen will be upon us.

Around the Network

Are there really that many great games on the PS3? I don't even have that many. My Wii and PC collections are way way bigger. I have Uncharted, Uncharted 2, MGS4, Heavy Rain, God of War Collection, God of War 3, Demon's Souls, Final Fantasy 13, Star Ocean 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, Marvel vs Capcom 2(which doesn't even count,) TMNT Remake, Brutal Legend, Bayonetta, Batman: AA(for that Joker content) and Lost Planet 2. The truth is that PS3 titles have been lackluster until very recently but at least that gave me enough of an incentive to make my final decision on selling my 360.

Chances are if a game is multiplat, you'll find that I'd have the PC version, I don't play FPS on consoles much at all, and the number of Wii games I have is really high too and there is noway I'd list them all, but most people don't bother to know what Wii games are there, they just go "not HD" and walk away instead of actually looking into it.

dahuman said:

Are there really that many great games on the PS3? I don't even have that many. My Wii and PC collections are way way bigger. I have Uncharted, Uncharted 2, MGS4, Heavy Rain, God of War Collection, God of War 3, Demon's Souls, Final Fantasy 13, Star Ocean 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, Marvel vs Capcom 2(which doesn't even count,) TMNT Remake, Brutal Legend, Bayonetta, Batman: AA(for that Joker content) and Lost Planet 2. The truth is that PS3 titles have been lackluster until very recently but at least that gave me enough of an incentive to make my final decision on selling my 360.

Chances are if a game is multiplat, you'll find that I'd have the PC version, I don't play FPS on consoles much at all, and the number of Wii games I have is really high too and there is noway I'd list them all, but most people don't bother to know what Wii games are there, they just go "not HD" and walk away instead of actually looking into it.

I have way more game's than you listed for my PS3 and I've played all the exclusive one's that I own. I enjoyed them all (except Lair).

OP: I bought a Wii, I regret buying a Wii and I'm looking to sell my Wii. The reason's are as follow's:

- Stores have way to much shovelware and it's hard to identify the good game's from the bad.

- Nintendo game's that have been released for year's are still full price and I'd rather buy two fantastic PS3 or 360 game's for the price of one Wii game.

- Despite what many people think, game's like No More Heroes, Madworld, Red Steel etc, have to many flaw's in game design compared to compelling titles on the HD consoles. (A lot of HD game's have flaw's as well, but we have enough software so that we can ignore them).

- The control's on the Wii are not for everyone, I tried playing Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Red Steel with the Wiimote and they we're all horrible to play because of it. 

- I've thought about modding my Wii and just playing pirated game's on it, but I've never pirated a game and I don't want to start now.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

dahuman said:

lol you listed 17 games. that's alot by my standards (and i know it's not much by most ppls standards over here, i'm just saying)

i guess life just does not permit me the time to own two consoles

Doobie_wop said:

I have way more game's than you listed for my PS3 and I've played all the exclusive one's that I own. I enjoyed them all (except Lair).

OP: I bought a Wii, I regret buying a Wii and I'm looking to sell my Wii. The reason's are as follow's:

- Stores have way to much shovelware and it's hard to identify the good game's from the bad.

- Nintendo game's that have been released for year's are still full price and I'd rather buy two fantastic PS3 or 360 game's for the price of one Wii game.

- Despite what many people think, game's like No More Heroes, Madworld, Red Steel etc, have to many flaw's in game design compared to compelling titles on the HD consoles. (A lot of HD game's have flaw's as well, but we have enough software so that we can ignore them).

- The control's on the Wii are not for everyone, I tried playing Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Red Steel with the Wiimote and they we're all horrible to play because of it. 

- I've thought about modding my Wii and just playing pirated game's on it, but I've never pirated a game and I don't want to start now.

Those are all actually fairly good points.  Although if you're looking to ID the good from the bad, you've already got a built-in community...

I wouldn't recommend any of those titles, if that means anything to you. :P

Around the Network

Not enough interest me to warrant a purchase.

Sure, there's a few here and there, but nothing worth spending $200 on.

I've actually bought two of them. Best console I have had in years.

It's funny to see some of these comments though. 49.99 for a 12 hour game is too high but 60 for 5 hours is cool.

Oh and how pointing the Wii remote was so hard for them yet Move will work the same way for FPS but it will be a breeze to control then.

I find it amusing also that most of the people here hating on it are using BS excuse.

Someone said they had to play SMG and had to point the Wii remote at the screen the whole time? NO they watched a video and made an assumption like a lot of people do. For FPS I can sit the Wii remote in my lap and play the game no worries. Also SMG is light on motion controls and is easy to control(you'd have to have really played it though to know that."

The shovelware excuse. Yeah ask those same guys what console they owned last gen. Most likely the PS2 the only console to have more crap than the Wii.

Trolls and haters are usually single console owners and they dont really know anything about the console, they just know it doesnt carry their company name. Just looking back at some of the responses from people who claim to own one is funny too.

Red Steel was a bad game, but the FPS controls worked fine, it was all the bugs and bad AI that made it a poor game.

It's telling that most of you haters never used a Wii even though some claim to. I sit and relaxe and play every game I own and have no control problems at all. You guys just think because you see someone pointing in a commercial thats it must be that way and you havent actually sat down with one and actually looked at just to play.

It just hasn`t enough games i like xD
I only really like SMB and Mh TRI and i just don`t have the space for it.
And i don`t care for the wii-mote, natal or move right now, if i wanted to use them i would need to move my console downstairs -.-

Wii is for guys who cannot get girls. They have to use the Wii as an excuse to bring the girls home.

Because I haven't made enough money off of looking like John Lennon's son.