By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why haven't you bought a Wii yet?

Need all the cash for my beloved ps3.

Around the Network
benao87 said:
I'm getting mine next week :)

Which games are you getting with it?

I not intrastate in it and when i played it at peoples houses i did not find it as fun as other games. and i dont really care about move or natal. also you dont need it cause you just by a 64 and play Zelda and Goldeneye if you want a nintendo

Xoj said:
dahuman said:
Xoj said:
i sold it, needed the money, and zelda it's only game i care.

bad choice, GC version was better.

I don't know, I played TP on Wii before I ever touched Windwaker and I really wished that I had the Wii's pointing control for shooting stuff, it was just much faster and accurate.

just for archery/longshot

but nothings beats button mashing, i got tired, of waggling

I just did a lot of jump attacks with A, or counter attacks, only really waggled for fun with a grass cutting while running around.

Lack of interest. We'll see how the new Zelda turns out, might change my mind.

Around the Network
Doobie_wop said:
dahuman said:

Are there really that many great games on the PS3? I don't even have that many. My Wii and PC collections are way way bigger. I have Uncharted, Uncharted 2, MGS4, Heavy Rain, God of War Collection, God of War 3, Demon's Souls, Final Fantasy 13, Star Ocean 4, Valkyria Chronicles, Eternal Sonata, Marvel vs Capcom 2(which doesn't even count,) TMNT Remake, Brutal Legend, Bayonetta, Batman: AA(for that Joker content) and Lost Planet 2. The truth is that PS3 titles have been lackluster until very recently but at least that gave me enough of an incentive to make my final decision on selling my 360.

Chances are if a game is multiplat, you'll find that I'd have the PC version, I don't play FPS on consoles much at all, and the number of Wii games I have is really high too and there is noway I'd list them all, but most people don't bother to know what Wii games are there, they just go "not HD" and walk away instead of actually looking into it.

I have way more game's than you listed for my PS3 and I've played all the exclusive one's that I own. I enjoyed them all (except Lair).

OP: I bought a Wii, I regret buying a Wii and I'm looking to sell my Wii. The reason's are as follow's:

- Stores have way to much shovelware and it's hard to identify the good game's from the bad.

- Nintendo game's that have been released for year's are still full price and I'd rather buy two fantastic PS3 or 360 game's for the price of one Wii game.

- Despite what many people think, game's like No More Heroes, Madworld, Red Steel etc, have to many flaw's in game design compared to compelling titles on the HD consoles. (A lot of HD game's have flaw's as well, but we have enough software so that we can ignore them).

- The control's on the Wii are not for everyone, I tried playing Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Red Steel with the Wiimote and they we're all horrible to play because of it. 

- I've thought about modding my Wii and just playing pirated game's on it, but I've never pirated a game and I don't want to start now.

You should mod your Wii, the point is so you can avoid shovelwares and actually buy games that you like after you try it, assuming you are honest with your money, and you have been til now so you prolly wouldn't stop being honest right? NMH and Madworld were average games and Red Steel is just plain shit so, just don't buy them, although I do recommend NMH2 since that one's pretty awesome overall. I don't really get the SMG bit though, not to mention that you have like 4 control options for Brawl, I just use GC or CC personally.

Nintendo games are priced that way because they are awesome of course. >=) It's the lower quality games that need price drops.

pariz said:
benao87 said:

Monster Hunter 3, and probably some Guitar Hero for my family. Then, I'll be broke :(

Gilgamesh said:

If I wrote my opinion on the Wii it might get me banned :P

So I don't like the Wii, and I'll never buy one.

That's because it sucks.

benao87 said:
pariz said:
benao87 said:

Monster Hunter 3, and probably some Guitar Hero for my family. Then, I'll be broke :(

But I'm guessing that with those games and something a friend may lend you, you'll have enough to save for a while.

Because Nintendo games are always the same.
I prefer to shoot, cover behind a wall, than wait 30 seconds for my life to recharge, than again shoot, cover behind a wall, throw a granade, cover behind a wall, shoot, cover behind a wall, wait for life to recharge, shoot, cover behind a wall................