By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - sega action 360 possibly exclusive

Sega says that it plans 15 Xbox 360 SKUs for the year. PS3 and Wii get 11 SKUs each.

Additionally, Sega expects 360 to be its biggest platform in terms of overall software sales, with 2.66 million units. For PS3, Sega expects 2.52 million units. For Wii, Sega expects 1.55 million.

In portables, PSP will get 14 SKUs for 1.93 million units. DS will get 10 SKUs for 1.57 million units.

Sega's apparent leanings towards Xbox 360 and PSP are new this year. Last year, Wii and DS got most Sega SKUs and sold the most units -- respectively 23 SKUs for 5.74 million units and 24 SKUs for 4.29 million units.

Last year, Xbox 360 got 16 SKUs for 2.3 million units. PS3 got 20 SKUs for 3.56 million units.

Around the Network

whatever sega got plans for the xbox360 hopefully their good games lol but yea wonder what sega has plan to annouce

CGI-Quality said:
KungKras said:
Perhaps MS agreed to fund it to get a 360 answer to heavy rain.

I thought that was WAKE? :P

I'm not really sure if those games are in the same genre. Sure, Alan Wake is marketed as a psychological thriller (Marketed on style, similar to Heavy Rain), but the gameplay footage with the evil harvester made it look more like a survival horror game than a (whatever genre games like Shenmue and HR are in). At least to me, it seems like a very different type of game than Heavy Rain.

Shenmue on the other hand was known for mind-blowing visuals at the time and the games had QTE sequences just like Heavy Rain. Shenmue seems much more similar to Heavy Rain than Alan Wake to me, that's why I thought it might make sense for MS to get Shenmue 3 as an exclusive, to truly have a game in the same genre as Heavy Rain.

I LOVE ICELAND!

i still think this title is shenmue 3 because sega request to the big 3 whoever funds the development would get it fully exclusive and i think microsoft funded it and it would be the real genre that heavy rain is in to go head to head .......

unless it sonic adventures xbla exclusive  idk ??

CGI-Quality said:
KungKras said:
Perhaps MS agreed to fund it to get a 360 answer to heavy rain.

I thought that was WAKE? :P

after having watched Alan Wake all the way it felt much more like Uncharted to me.. a good action movie-game with a lot of action gameplay

Around the Network

What the hell is Shemnue?!?

yo_john117 said:

What the hell is Shemnue?!?

Well, in short - it's an old version of Yakuza (Ryū ga Gotoku).

this is the world title from Nagoshi , that was spoken last year

wonder if this is one of those unnannouced titles that was showed when microsoft ads when they annouced monster hunter fronteir online in japan

If it is Shnemue 3 then this will seal it. In making me to buy a 360. Just hope there's also a price cut. It will save me a lot of money.