By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Natal, if the left arm doens't work....try the right (sigh)

slowmo said:
jneul said:
tuscaniman said:
OMG Natal is doomed! Hey OP did you actually spend time on youtube looking for vids of Natal not working properly so you could start a troll thread? Thats pretty sad really. I'm sure I could find videos of the Move not working properly as well but I have better things to do.

good luck with that task, i doubt you will find any such video

@seece i'm a hardware geekess i think i have the right to state my view and it's because of how tasking it is for natal to take in all that complex information, if you want to know more details i can explain but i am not sure you may want to know, call me biased all you want but i am basing it on my professional knowledge on how hardware/software  is developed

I pity your company if this is your "professional" opinion jneul.  You have no idea how the software api works for Natal so you cannot make any such comments in any professional sense.  You're basing your opinion on guesswork of what you think is happening, not on any actual facts, that is neither professional or unbiased I'm afraid. 

Can we not leave the Natal trolling till we're closer to E3, I'm sure there is already another 20-30 threads on here you could have posted this video in that slate Natal anyway.

On the no video of MOve issues, the very first public unveiling the guy had depth perception issues with the software and couldn't hit a object mapped in a 3D space.  Thats just one example off the top of my head, the difference is I understand that products go through various testing stages before features are finalised for the retail sector hence I wouldn't bother criticizing it.

Well actually he probably knows how Natal works since it's a movement recognition software which can be implemented to any device enabled with a  depth sensing camera. Gesturetek is the company which patented and is licencing the technology, explanations and informative videos can be found here : http://www.gesturetek.com/3ddepth/introduction.php

Ironically, it's also the same company that co-developped the Eye-Toy with Sony, based on the same premise.

Around the Network

Hopefully e3 will set us at peace.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

axumblade said:
Seece said:
jneul said:

oh dear that is not good, but it confirms my suspicions:(:( this is why all natal showing's are super secret

So super secret they're being shown on the 15th.

Why are you even acting upset with the sad faces? everyone knows your game ...

I'm falling behind on my news. What's happening on the 15th?

You're not the only one, last I heard all the tv crews ect are going to the 13th natal shindig, and airing it on the 15th. But now I think MTV have the rights to broadcast it live on the 13th.

axumblade said:
Seece said:
axumblade said:
Seece said:
jneul said:

oh dear that is not good, but it confirms my suspicions:(:( this is why all natal showing's are super secret

You're not the only one, last I heard all the tv crews ect are going to the 13th natal shindig, and airing it on the 15th. But now I think MTV have the rights to broadcast it live on the 13th.

Oh wow. I was thinking you were talking about this month. I forgot E3 is almost exactly a month from now. >_< lol.

I can't wait. This year, Russell and I are both asking for the days off for the conference and we're getting popcorn to watch it together (okay...so maybe no popcorn but that doesn't change my level of excitement!)

Awh that's sweet I have the 10th - 23rd off work

axumblade said:
Seece said:
axumblade said:
Seece said:
axumblade said:
Seece said:
jneul said:

Oh wow. I was thinking you were talking about this month. I forgot E3 is almost exactly a month from now. >_< lol.

I can't wait. This year, Russell and I are both asking for the days off for the conference and we're getting popcorn to watch it together (okay...so maybe no popcorn but that doesn't change my level of excitement!)

Awh that's sweet I have the 10th - 23rd off work

lol. It would be nice if I could do that. >_< You're going this year I take it? :P

Ha, I wish, too short notice, hopefully next year though. Want to spend to weeks out there as I want to visit Cedar Park!!!!

Around the Network

Rofl...

Based on a single video of a single game half a year before release I declare Natal completely broken and a huge failure!

could be an old Natal revision, with different hardware/software than the final product. Furthermore it could be a flaw of the techdemo.

In other news...Ricochet again!!

I can't wait for E3 just so that we'll see something else (whatever it is!) ahah

MS needs to get this thing in good shape by E3. Hopefully they'll show different games with it too besides the ones they showed last year. MS will have 5 months to put Natal together for the masses but E3 is the bridge to get them there. If Natal has these problems at E3 on the show floor, it won't help it launch date.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)