By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PORTAL IS NOW FREE ON STEAM!!!

TWRoO said:
Final-Fan said:

TWRoO:  Please listen carefully to what I am about to say. 

The system requirements don't matter.  If your computer currently can't play the game, you can still get it for free.  When you get a newer computer later in life -- 6 months, 6 years, I don't care -- that computer will surely be able to play it.  If not, you can play it later still.  Or hell, you can put Steam on a friend's (better) computer and play it there, or just let him use your Steam account to play it. 

Download now.  Ask questions later.  I'm about to temporarily usurp my sig for ad purposes. 

Thanks shio! 

My problem is I would rather not have junk on my computer that is useless.... I would happily pay £5 or whatever for the game in 5 years time when I buy a new machine.... I might also have my own mouse by then, and somewhere to put that mouse other than on top of my laptops keyboard.

I also don't like suffering all the wank that PC gaming comes with, I just downloaded the Steam uploader and it already had an error updating.

However I am going to download it, just not now as it said it would take 2h 48 to do so, and it is almost midnight here.

You don't have to download it. It's in your Steam account now, and you can download it in a year if you want. Keep your computer clean, etc.

Around the Network

^ Yes, I misspoke earlier. That is what I wanted to say, but I was in a hurry and didn't think carefully enough about what I was typing.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Dude... You saved my day :D Thanks! Im sick and its holiday in Germany and i didnt know what to do until yet... Yeah!

Proud member of the Sonic Support Squad!

All hail to our new PC/MAC Overlords!!!

Well, they achieved their goal: I reinstalled Steam. I tried to download Portal, but it said the servers were too busy. I'll have to try again later.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

SW-5120-1900-6153

thetonestarr said:

lol

thetonestarr said:

hahahaha!! funniest thing whole week

Dunlorded it
Played it

Hot damn it's 4am.

Oh, and it seems to work ok... it doesn't recognise the graphic card/driver but works anyway.... the frame rate drops when extra stuff is happening, but it seems to work better than San Andreas despite needing higher minimum requirements.

Finished downloading it. Time to play!

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)