By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PORTAL IS NOW FREE ON STEAM!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/

Portal used to cost money. Until May 24th, it's free. End of story.

Well, technically speaking, there are some strings attached. Fortunately, they're entirely decorative. We just like the way they look, swaying in the gentle breeze created by a million people simultanously fainting from shock at the news that Portal is free. Now you have no reason not to try Portal.

"I have a reason," some of you are probably typing into an angry email. "You see, sir, I own a Mac."

Well guess what: For the first time ever, Portal is also available for the Mac.

"Capitol news! But the excellent puzzle adventure Portal won over 40 Game of the Year awards; Surely it must cost at least five or six hundred dollars."

You'd think that, especially since it actually won over 70 Game of the Year Awards. But, like we keep saying, Portal is free. Free on the Mac. Free on the PC. But only until May 24th. So you only have a few days to decide if your free copy of Portal is worth the price we're currently charging - which is you ever-so-slightly moving your index finger just barely enough to click the big red "download" button right there:

Around the Network

I submitted this a couple minutes ago for the site news. Hot deal.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Awesome.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Come on guys, you won't get a better deal than this!!

If you register Portal on your Steam account until May 24th, the game will be yours forever for FREE.

I almost wish I didn't already own it.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

Buy this people. I already have it on PS3 but I think I'll still download it.

There is no good reason whatsoever to not jump on this.

I know some people odn't like Portal but come on

Boutros said:
Buy this people. I already have it on PS3 but I think I'll still download it.

It's a hundred times better on PC. EVERY gamer should own it first and foremost on PC, then consider it on the other systems.

SW-5120-1900-6153

It's just a clever scheme to get a million Mac users to install Steam!

A very clever scheme.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

What are the system requirements for Portal?