By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PORTAL IS NOW FREE ON STEAM!!!

Thanks, really helped =)

But something I still don't know is if you go to some other computer other than yours, can you still play the games downloaded through your account?

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Around the Network
famousringo said:
It's just a clever scheme to get a million Mac users to install Steam!

A very clever scheme.

I know right?  It's brilliant.

Kenoid said:

Thanks, really helped =)

But something I still don't know is if you go to some other computer other than yours, can you still play the games downloaded through your account?

I'm pretty sure you have to download them again.

Yeah the game has to be on the computer. But if, say, some other guy had Portal and you logged on to your account on his computer, I think you could play the game from the one he downloaded.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

downloading right now...

can't wait to see what all the fuzz is about

Around the Network
weaveworld said:
downloading right now...

can't wait to see what all the fuzz is about

You are so lucky! You are about to experience the game of the century!

Things Portal did right:

Storytelling
Puzzles
Characters
Humour

Things Portal did wrong:

This is invisible text!

Final-Fan said:
Yeah the game has to be on the computer. But if, say, some other guy had Portal and you logged on to your account on his computer, I think you could play the game from the one he downloaded.

Yeah, you can.