By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Call of Duty: Black Ops confirmed for Wii

This will be a nice test, a simultaneous release, no excuses either way. It'll be exciting to see how the Wii version performs compared to its HD counterparts, not to mention how the title as a whole compares against the 20 million + selling MW 2.

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
This will be a nice test, a simultaneous release, no excuses either way. It'll be exciting to see how the Wii version performs compared to its HD counterparts, not to mention how the title as a whole compares against the 20 million + selling MW 2.

wasnt the last one released at the same time? It will be the same

5-7 million 360

3-5 million PS3

1 million  Wii

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Mummelmann said:

There is no test.  Treyarch already knows the Wii version won't sell anywhere near the PS360 versions.  WaW released at the exact same time and sold less on Wii.  This one won't be any different.

The extra million copies the game will sell on the Wii makes it worth developing a Wii version.  You really should've done some research before trying to make this into some kind of competition.

Kenology said:
Mummelmann said:

There is no test.  Treyarch already knows the Wii version won't sell anywhere near the PS360 versions.  WaW released at the exact same time and sold less on Wii.  This one won't be any different.

The extra million copies the game will sell on the Wii makes it worth developing a Wii version.  You really should've done some research before trying to make this into some kind of competition.

Competition? I'm not the one claiming that the Wii sells core titles very well. If we know how these games perform then why is the same discussion resumed all the time? Of course the Wii version is worth it, I never claimed otherwise, I just want to see how it performs.

Does this mean no more touting the "blue ocean" in the top 20 software any more since its "not a competition"?

It really isn't a competition between the Wii or either HD sku when it comes to Call of Duty sales.  That's all I'm saying.  Dunno where you're trying to take it... but, do you.

Around the Network

To be fair, it does matter. The 360 has moved a tremendous amount of software this gen and has a stellar attach rate and there's no doubt that it is the clear 3rd party winner so far because of it. I think the one year head start did more than most think.

As for Call of Duty; I honestly don't care one way or the other since I feel that the series has gone stale quite some time ago (since Modern Warfare) but I just wonder how it will compare to Modern Warfare 2 commercially.

psrock said:
Mummelmann said:

5-7 million 360

3-5 million PS3

1 million  Wii

Wii actually got no advertising almost. and W@W was the first game using the engine, this time they got more time to work exclusively on the game.

Wii version shall do a little better this time. Close to 2 million :)

Can't wait seeing as COD relfex sold over 1,020,000, this is a good idea.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Bamboleo said:
psrock said:
Mummelmann said:

5-7 million 360

3-5 million PS3

1 million  Wii

Wii actually got no advertising almost. and W@W was the first game using the engine, this time they got more time to work exclusively on the game.

Wii version shall do a little better this time. Close to 2 million :)

I think it would also be safe to say the 360 and PS3 versions should sell more units than WaW. This one has the advantage of all the new people MW2 brought in, as well as not being stuck in WW2. I would say...

8 Million 360

6 Million PS3

2 Million Wii

how well do COD games run on Wii? I've never seen it on that system so I'm curious...