By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Barack Obama Has a point - Hear me out! !

johnsobas said:
obama is right, people are taking what he said too far. He said video games are a distraction, not that they shouldn't exist or even that video games are completely bad. They are good in moderation like many things in life, but some people can take it too far and that takes away from more important things. It would be different if Obama was actually making laws against video games, but he hasn't done anything of the sort.

Every hobby is a distraction. Even chasing after the opposite sex can be a distraction while you're trying to get good grades in school, so why does Obama only demonize Video Games? While he's going on about this little agenda he has against video games, he should be worried about more important issues -- like our economy.

Around the Network

Time to hunt some monsters.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

coolbeans said:
The only version of controlled gaming there should be is the parents + a clock. It really just comes down to choice.

LoL haha. tell that to an alcholic they'll choose the booze every time!

johnsobas said:
obama is right, people are taking what he said too far. He said video games are a distraction, not that they shouldn't exist or even that video games are completely bad. They are good in moderation like many things in life, but some people can take it too far and that takes away from more important things. It would be different if Obama was actually making laws against video games, but he hasn't done anything of the sort.

I agree, your absoloutely right

Thechalkblock said:
Of course Obama has a point.

I used to play video games way too much, but I've been cutting back on them a lot. I'd have to say a ton of aspects of my life got better.

Everything in moderation, definitely.

Yeah I've seen similar results also, like I'm now at university I have time to function lol it was different before.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Video games have their hazard points, but it goes hand-in-hand with the mental state of the person playing video games. I do my work for school and fit my gaming into my schedule while socializing in great harmony. Obama needs to be talking to the parents of younger students if he wants to get his point across. It's irrelevant for him to be blathering on to college graduates at commencement speeches when they've already graduated. To add to this, it is pointless for him to go on about gaming when we live in a service industry which entertainment is nearly as the helm of. Our countries economy's staple point is service. He must've forgotten this in Harvard; to add with that, he forgot that it is a personal choice to play video games. We consume the most goods and services than any country in the world. His "pressures" need to come with a plan...unlike most of his empty talk. 

Yes, I mean during his election he did say things like turn off the TV spend time with your children etc.

Addiction is bad. The trick is to get addicted to multiple things to balance your addiction.

I will play what I want, when I want. When the government starts telling me what to do with my life, I'm leaving this country. I have the right to pursue happiness. And if gaming, be it online or off, helps me to do that, then I will do just that.

So in other words, fuck the US government.

Snesboy said:
I will play what I want, when I want. When the government starts telling me what to do with my life, I'm leaving this country. I have the right to pursue happiness. And if gaming, be it online or off, helps me to do that, then I will do just that.

So in other words, fuck the US government.

Nobody told you what to play or when to play it. It's the truth that thousand if not millions of people including my good friend that have become to attached to games which is having a "negative" effect on their lives.

Obama was right, video games are a distraction . . . from the horrible path he has led our country down! Thank you video games.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com