By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Barack Obama Has a point - Hear me out! !

Yakuzaice said:

I'd say the internet in general is much worse.  The 10k+ and 20k+ posters right above me kind of reinforce that.

Hey! What's wrong with me?! 

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:
Yakuzaice said:

I'd say the internet in general is much worse.  The 10k+ and 20k+ posters right above me kind of reinforce that.

Hey! What's wrong with me?! 

LoL

axumblade said:
People need to learn how to practice self-control. Everyone has antisocial days, weeks, months.

Well said

I've been addicted to a few games before as well. It's incredibly easy to get stuck in a video game addiction, especially if your real life doesn't have much to offer.

Being addicted to some games in the past is one of the reasons I never tried WoW. It's too easy to get stuck and just let everything else pass by.

I LOVE ICELAND!

What is it about doing things in moderation that people can't seem to grasp? Obama isn't right in spelling doom for gamers who don't abandon their pastime and your friend isn't right in growing old and sick too soon in front of his PC.

Moderation! Key word!

Around the Network
MeTc123_VG_EditioN_ said:

Playing online doesn't take your breath away - Standing at the top of the Grand Canyon does

Red Dead Redemption will take care of that ;)

So how can we fix this?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

obama is right, people are taking what he said too far. He said video games are a distraction, not that they shouldn't exist or even that video games are completely bad. They are good in moderation like many things in life, but some people can take it too far and that takes away from more important things. It would be different if Obama was actually making laws against video games, but he hasn't done anything of the sort.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

MeTc123_VG_EditioN_ said:

First of all let me start by saying I am a big gamer and I've been playing video games most of my life

Obama - Video Games "Putting New Pressures On Our Country" 

He has a point . . Why? . . .

My best friend has been playing World of Warcraft for about 2 to 3 years now and has totally lost his sense of reallity, if he's not eating, using the toilet or sleeping (which is very rare) he's playing World of Warcraft, Now his health is becomming worring because all he does it sit infront of the desktop monitor with beers and pizza's playing WOW. Docters have warned him that he needs to change his lifestyle or he's heading into an early grave. Warcraft is his LIFE! it's the saddest sh*t you've ever seen!

Anything can be taken to an extreme.  Of course some things, taken to an extreme are healthier than other things, but the point remains.  Games should be used to lift life, or provide some less destructive form of entertainment.  A key would be to ask how to get balance and how to harness what is seen here to be able to get things to be better.

You can have too much of anything.