By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ONM Hints at another playable character in Super Mario Galaxy 2

So yes it's Mario, Luigi and .....

- Galaxy 2 takes place in an alternate reality where Mario and the Lumas never met
- the big Luma owns Spaceship Mario, which was transformed into its shape from a simple planet
- the big Luma is known as 'Lubba'
- Lubba needs power starts to fuel the ship, which Bowser has stolen...alongside Peach
- What does Lubba say when he transforms the planet into Spaceship Mario? "Nice spaceship, huh? More like a FACEship!"
- 40+ galaxies
- the tree slide that appears in some trailers is a star available in TreeTrunk Galaxy
- Expect more Yoshi action than was had in New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Spring Mario only makes 2 appearances
- Luigi becomes playable in some fashion once you reach 20 stars
- Another playable character is hinted at for when you reach 120
- A monkey known as "The Chimp" let's you play minigames
- good amount of 2d portions
- expect many throwbacks to classic Mario games once you hit the later stages
- Bowser stages are similar to those in Super Mario 64

http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/forum/showthread.php?267-Super-Mario-Galaxy-2&p=33340&viewfull=1#post33340

Options:

A) Sonic: Because he wants to know how it feels to be in a good game.

B) Peach: Get tired of being kidnapped

C) Generic Toad: Because we can get enought Toads

D) Donkey Kong: He was bored in the retirement house.

E) Mii: Yup

Around the Network

.....It'll be toad...

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

"- Galaxy 2 takes place in an alternate reality where Mario and the Lumas never met"

o.O So Galaxy 2 pretends Galaxy never happened...

Also, playable Miis would be BEYOND epic.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Alfredo, for my sake... could you edit the Sonic part so it reads "in a good 3D Game". It just... hurts too much to read it as it is.

(Sonic! I Like Bacon, believe! )

I hope it's Daisy, just so I can hear "YEEAAAH!!!" each time I jump.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network

- Galaxy 2 takes place in an alternate reality where Mario and the Lumas never met"

HOLY CRAP!

I was right in a post a while ago!

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Please, please.... don't let it be Sonic.

palancas7 said:
Please, please.... don't let it be Sonic.

This. Though I do not think it really has a chance to be. It needs to be from the Mario series being it is a main entry into the Mario series.

Gnac said:
I hope it's Daisy, just so I can hear "YEEAAAH!!!" each time I jump.

I approve this idea!

They say alternate reality so they don't have to re create all new levels. I think a lot of the stars will be the same thing. So its like they never happened before. You will have to re get some.

Now, would they actually bring Sonic into a true Mario game? It would be very interesting. And, if they do, it would mean it sells a ton more than the first one. Which is ultimately what they want, more sales. But, I can't see Nintendo bringing in sonic without the game being called Mario and Sonic or something like that. So, I think Buckin' Berry and Ala Gold will both be playable again at the end, or maybe just one of them.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089