By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ONM Hints at another playable character in Super Mario Galaxy 2

Sackboy!!!
the bugger sold out!

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network
Smeags said:

Alfredo, for my sake... could you edit the Sonic part so it reads "in a good 3D Game". It just... hurts too much to read it as it is.

(Sonic! I Like Bacon, believe! )

Pretty offtopic kind sir , but each time i see your sig my dirty mind automatically imagining mario near a giant .... penis and the fact something white is coming out of it.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:
Smeags said:

Alfredo, for my sake... could you edit the Sonic part so it reads "in a good 3D Game". It just... hurts too much to read it as it is.

Pretty offtopic kind sir , but each time i see your sig my dirty mind automatically imagining mario near a giant .... penis and the fact something white is coming out of it.

Now i can't un-see it. Damn you :P

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Severance said:
Smeags said:

Now i can't un-see it. Damn you :P

Okay, that leaves 13 days until I can take this stupid sig off now. Thanks Severance. :P

Severance said:
Sackboy!!!
the bugger sold out!

The shear LOL's of these would make it Epic

Around the Network
guiduc said:
supermario128 said:
Jaos said:
supermario128 said:
Khuutra said:
famousringo said:
I would love to play Peach and go rescue Mario. Do you think the skirt physics issue can be resolved?

Now me, I'd love to play Peach and go rescue Peach.

That's physically impossible. That is, unless they cloned Peach or she had a twin in this alternate dimension. Both highly unlikely though...

So you didn't get 242 stars in SMG1??? You're not worth to have that username and avatar.

Yes I did. Twice actually. Why do you ask?

Luigi meets Luigi.

That's only because Luigi played through the same thing Mario had to play through. And the other Luigi was a bit darker green. And that part of the game was just weird.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

axumblade said:
This has the foul stench of Wario all over it...

Yep, there you go.  Wario is the other character to unlock.

Or for a REAL surprise, you find out it is Link, and Mario Galaxy 2 doubles as the next Zelda game!

How about a bonus world like in NSMB Wii?

A Zelda trailer? A Galaxy 3 trailer? A video of Miyamoto saying he's going to retire and the first person to get to 240 stars will be his replacement? Perhaps Nintendo actually gives you WiiWare points (God why won't they give you Wii Ware points for beating games! Even if it was just 1 or 2 points I'd be happy)? Maybe you unlock a character selection screen and can select from a bunch of nintendo characters?

BTW It wasn't specified that it HAD to be a playable character. It could be anything.

Craig Harris from IGN says there isn't any secret character, but:

From Craig Harris's Twitter:

"I can officially confirm that no characters unlock after 120 stars in SMG2. But it's after 120 stars the game unlocks...[TWITTER OVER LIMIT]"

EDIT: Craig not Chris

alfredofroylan said:
Chris Harris from IGN says there isn't any secret character, but:
From Craig Harris's Twitter:

"I can officially confirm that no characters unlock after 120 stars in SMG2. But it's after 120 stars the game unlocks...[TWITTER OVER LIMIT]"

Bastards! lol