By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which system has/will have better games, Wii or Gamecube?

i reckon the wii is.. if you check my profiles and look at my game collection you can see i didn't own that many games for my gamecube, i only owned 10 games and about 60% of them where garbage lol. (i had bad luck with buying games last gen, i always end up buying bad games lol). the reason i prefer the wii is because i have more games then i have done in 10 years

Around the Network

uh gamecube by far.....................and melee>brawl...galaxy is the shining jewel over the gamecubes sunshine...

"even a dead god still dreams"

I think the Gamecube. But I really just want to point out that Melee is not inferior to Brawl. That is all lol.

Wii wins points with Wii Sports, Resort, NSMBWii, Wario Land, several great WiiWare titles and VC. Gamecube doesn't have any equivalent games for those. Heck it didn't even have a good traditional multiplayer Bomberman.

Galaxy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sunshine, without including Galaxy 2.
Zelda TP about equivalent, though I much prefer Pointer targeting.
Ookami <<<<<<<< Zelda WW (point for Gamecube, huzza)
Resident Evil 4 Wii >>>> RE 4 GC because of Pointer targeting.
Haven't played Pikmin 1/2 NPC, but I assume them to be better than GC because of pointer. I'm not giving points though.
nothing < Eternal Darkness
Brawl < Melee (kinda lost interest in the franchise with Brawl, don't know why)

For me, Wii games are better. If Zelda Wii > WW, then it will be even more dominating.

Wii counts all gamecube games, as stated in the OP "All gamecube games count". Case closed. The only games the game cube has that the Wii doesn't, is it could play GBA games with the adapter that sat under the game cube.

Plus you are forgetting that new play controls for Metroid 1 & 2 are available for the Wii, plus all of the Resident Evil remakes for the wii, etc.

Around the Network

I'd have to go with Wii. The variety of the software is far above GC, and this year only looks set to cement Wii's software as better than GC.

If only I could afford Sin and Punishment 2 :(

The Gamecube has a couple of games with no real equivalent on the Wii, like Viewtiful Joe and F-Zero GX (which I love) but overall the Wii has definitely surpassed the Gamecube, but only definitively in the last 6 months or so.

Wii, easily, a long time ago for me.

Khuutra said:
The Wii already has better games than the Gamecube.

Agreed.  Hell, the Virtual Console alone already has better games than GameCube did overall.

KylieDog said:
Gamecube, easily.

I'll even go as far to say if you remove Nintendo developed games from the GC its still got a better library than the Wii has even with Nintendo games.

lol, no. I can maybe see someone arguing for GC depending on their tastes if you include Nintendo (and count retail Wii only, if you add VC/WW it's over), but 3rd party?  Wii's lineup RAPES Gamecube.  Hell, I'd say even Capcom alone already has a better Wii lineup (REmake/0/4, MH3, TVC, Okami, Z&W, MM9/10) than they did GC (REmake/0/4/2/3/CV, Viewtiful Joe 1/2/RHR, PN03, K7, CVS2, MMNT).