By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which system has/will have better games, Wii or Gamecube?

Wii has Monster Hunter Tri. Wii wins.

Around the Network
Metallicube said:
As much as I like the Cube, the Wii already dwarfs it in great games.

Cube has:

RE4 (port), Tales of Symphonia, Eternal Darkness, Zelda WW, Mario Sunshine, SSBM, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil, Pikmin 1 and 2, Phantasy Star Online (port), F Zero GX, Super Monkey Ball

Wii has:

NSMB Wii, Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Mario Kart Wii, Warioware, Little King's Story, Monster Hunter 3, RE:4 Wii Edition, Mario Strikers, Wii Sports and Resort, Madworld, Red Steel 2, Muramasa, Zelda TP, Zack and Wiki, House of the Dead: Overkill

RE4 (port)? RE4 was developed for the cube, then ported to PS2....

I grew up with the Gamecube, But I still say wii. Its games are better and basicly beats all the games simlier to it. Also wii is awsome. Anyone who doesn't agree needs to get slapped.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Wii easily.

"The Common Cold Isn't So Common During The Cold"     

For the time being I'll have to side with the Cube. Games such as Skies of Arcadia Legends and Eternal Darkness simply cannot be ignored.

However, the Wii library is right up at it's tail when it comes to the number of quality games imo, and with titles such as Xenoblade on the way you can easily see that the boat is tilting...

How technical is your game?

Around the Network

I'd say that personally, Wii easily has a better lineup than the GameCube. As a lover of all things platfomers, the Wii is truly a jumper junkie's best friend. And with Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Sonic the Hedgehog 4 coming out this year... the cycle continues.

Though from my point of view I still think that GameCube surpasses Wii when it comes to RPGs and FPSs (the two genres that really don't grab me). But other than that... I see the Wii as one amazing console with an amazing lineup of games.

The GameCube had the original Resident Evil 4, Zelda Wind Waker and the first two Metroid Primes, REmake and F-Zero GX.

Wii hasn't done a scratch on it. Maybe SMG2 can open a little dent on GameCube's impenetrable gaming armor.

Wii wins easily.

Wii. Gamecube doesn't have a 2D Mario... that counts a lot in my book!

I love the gamecube. Perhaps my favorite console next to SNES and DC. But the Wii has it. It also helps that my cube had its life prolonged through the Wii. The Wii just has a lot more of damn near everything going for it.

But the cube gave me some damn fine gaming moments and was imo the best console last gen.

The original list should've included Eternal Darkness, Metal Gear Solid, Fire Emblem, Skies of Arcadia, Phantasy Star Ep. 1 and 2, Soul Calibur 2, and pretty much the entire damn Resident Evil Saga because it had them all.

Nintendo has always shined. I dont care what anyone says. They're like the Lakers of the console wars. They keep bringing heat and people just keep hating, but its fans stick with them for a reason. And its quality.