By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry : Alan Wake Tech Analysis

I am just gonna LOL right now before reading all the pages. I am only loling because selnor has said on a couple occasions that Alan Wake would be considered the best game graphically on a console. And he said every reviewer would agree. And it is the complete opposite. Didn't you also lose a bet on something so stupid and like lose your house?

It looks nice, but I looked at some of the pictures... Very blurry water in the background. And just overall not nearly as good as KZ2, UC2, GOW3. Stop comparing it to other games. Gosh. Just stare at the flashlight and go "OHHHH AHHHHH"

Around the Network

You really should remove the 360 logo from under your name. No-one believes you

Add my xbox account if you don't. Raoh52

Do it. I dare you.

So Alan Wake is a 540p, game that runs at 30 fps, instead of 720p and 60 fps, like GOW3 and U2, I am sure the graphics will be some of the best on the 360, but It will not compete with games like KZ2, U2, or GOW3. I am going to wait to pick this one up, they also said the game is 50/50 for story telling, and actually playing the game, that kinda sucks, I am all for a good story but, half of the game being story , seems like a bit much. I will have to wait and see.

slowmo said:
Reasonable said:
Holy heck look at this thread go.

I now live in actual fear of the similar thread for when DF analyze Halo : Reach final code.

Wait for the first analysis on the next PS3 title to go sub HD and all the 3d titles that will be downgraded heavily.  It will be a blood bath of petty users on here getting "revenge".  Besides by that time we'll have renamed the Microsoft forums Sony Discussion part 2.

was there ever a post from you that didnt talked about those bad sony fanboys ruining MS thread???? I would really like to know that.

Around the Network
pizzahut451 said:
slowmo said:
Reasonable said:

I now live in actual fear of the similar thread for when DF analyze Halo : Reach final code.

Wait for the first analysis on the next PS3 title to go sub HD and all the 3d titles that will be downgraded heavily.  It will be a blood bath of petty users on here getting "revenge".  Besides by that time we'll have renamed the Microsoft forums Sony Discussion part 2.

was there ever a post from you that didnt talked about those bad sony fanboys ruining MS thread???? I would really like to know that.

Yes, do you ever ask a question that doesn't have a blatantly obvious answer?

Just a couple of hints by the way a sentence always starts with a capital.  The rest of your statement is a complete car crash grammar wise too.  You should have phrased it along these lines:

Has there ever been a post from you that didn't talk about Sony fanboys ruining a MS thread?  I would really like to know that please? 

The above question would have yielded a more polite response from myself as I might have taken your question as a serious query rather than just trying to cause trouble. 

My polite answer might have mentioned the fact I never mention anyone being fanboys, there are plenty of Sony fans in general that ruin threads who I don't consider fanboys.  I think you should take some time to consider that not everyone who misbehaves on a forum has to be a fanboy, they can actually just be annoying people believe it or not.  I'm not saying there isn't Microsoft and Nintendo fans that don't troll, the difference is that they generally don't invade other forum areas and wreck 75% of all threads, as frequently happens in the MS boards.  Just remind me again why you're viewing this thread exactly by the way?

@dirkd2323 - Both U2 and GOW3 run at 720p 30fps (not 60 fps).

slowmo said:
pizzahut451 said:
slowmo said:
Reasonable said:

Yes, do you ever ask a question that doesn't have a blatantly obvious answer?

Just a couple of hints by the way a sentence always starts with a capital.  The rest of your statement is a complete car crash grammar wise too.  You should have phrased it along these lines:

Has there ever been a post from you that didn't talk about Sony fanboys ruining a MS thread?  I would really like to know that please? 

The above question would have yielded a more polite response from myself as I might have taken your question as a serious query rather than just trying to cause trouble. 

My polite answer might have mentioned the fact I never mention anyone being fanboys, there are plenty of Sony fans in general that ruin threads who I don't consider fanboys.  I think you should take some time to consider that not everyone who misbehaves on a forum has to be a fanboy, they can actually just be annoying people believe it or not.  I'm not saying there isn't Microsoft and Nintendo fans that don't troll, the difference is that they generally don't invade other forum areas and wreck 75% of all threads, as frequently happens in the MS boards.  Just remind me again why you're viewing this thread exactly by the way?

@dirkd2323 - Both U2 and GOW3 run at 720p 30fps (not 60 fps).

Came on! I mean, start attacking the other because of its grammar and bad spelling is going way too low I think. I mean, lets stay on topic...If he does not know a perfect english...well, thats another story.No crees tu?

Sharky54 said:
Add my xbox account if you don't. Raoh52

Do it. I dare you.

Lol. I don't accept the dare.

If i did we might become friends in the real world and actually like each other. I doubt either of us wants that.

pizzahut451 said:
slowmo said:
Reasonable said:

Was there ever an MS thread that wasn't ruined by sony fanboys

dirkd2323 said:
So Alan Wake is a 540p, game that runs at 30 fps, instead of 720p and 60 fps, like GOW3 and U2, I am sure the graphics will be some of the best on the 360, but It will not compete with games like KZ2, U2, or GOW3. I am going to wait to pick this one up, they also said the game is 50/50 for story telling, and actually playing the game, that kinda sucks, I am all for a good story but, half of the game being story , seems like a bit much. I will have to wait and see.

Actually, Uncharted 2 runs at 30fps (very solid framerate and triple buffer though, so no tearing) and God of War III runs at a variable framerate around 45fps, but very seldom reaches 60 (the motion blur helps compensating the juddering).

In the end a couple of raw numbers don't tell the whole story. Same with the resolution of AW: dark, muted colors and a lot of mist posteffects mean that the loss of resolution was probably the best compromise given its style and setting.

Just saying.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman