By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Mod Nation Racers Review

sony just keeps adding even more reasons for me to get a ps3 again! dang by the end of the summer I am going to be broke.

On topic that is a great score, of course it is well deserved.

Kinect! who needs video games!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
maverick40 said:
wow a better score than mario kart wii!!Making modnation racers the best cart racer this gen so far!!

May peace be with you

haha you are right, oh god what have i done. *jumps through window*

maverick40 said:
CGI-Quality said:
maverick40 said:
wow a better score than mario kart wii!!Making modnation racers the best cart racer this gen so far!!

May peace be with you

On console because Mario Kart DS is at 9.5/10.

maverick40 said:
CGI-Quality said:
maverick40 said:

May peace be with you

Dieing wont help you.

OT: great score.

CGI-Quality said:
chazy13 said:
yeah thats a great score but i dont think this game will have the same lasting community that LBP had.

I think quite the opposite. It's easier to navigate than LBP even if LBP will end up with the higher critic reception.

I agree.  LBP is amazing but it takes time to learn and real effort to produce a great level (although to be fair a decent level can actually be knocked out pretty quickly once you master the editor) but with MNR you can produce a decent track in 5 minutes and the editor is a lot easier while giving enough depth for those who really want to go for it.

I also think that the focus on racing makes it easier to have a go - with LBP I felt a lot of people were put off trying to think of what kind of level to make, whereas everyone has an idea of a race track and with MNR that's your one and only focus, make a race track.

Pity the long'ish load times are still there - but I guess you can't have everything and the game itself I thought was great from the Beta.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
maverick40 said:
CGI-Quality said:
maverick40 said:

May peace be with you

see wht you did. i hope hes not hurt. looks like a few scratches. he'll be fine.

loy310 said:
maverick40 said:
CGI-Quality said:
maverick40 said:

May peace be with you

Dieing wont help you.

OT: great score.

BURN THE DEAD BODY!

Also, really liked the beta, going to get the full game, hopefully with all of the features it'll be something epic!

Honestly though people it's not Mario Kart and Mario Kart is not Mod Nation Racers, two kart racers that handle pretty differently and one is all about the custom content much like LBP is a platformer but not New Super Mario Bros Wii, everyone should try MNR though

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Cool, good score! It's nice that people that don't own a Wii have a quality kart racer now. Hope people enjoy this!

Wow.....Sony is making me really not even think about getting a Wii. Mario Kart was high on my list, but it looks like i'll be saving my money.

I might force my family to get this, perfect for any demographic and looks really fun too!
I wonder how well this will sell, seeing as little big planet is pretty similar and has sold 3+mill.

If you want me to reply, quote me pls!