By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Mod Nation Racers Review

http://ps3.9lives.be/games/modnation-racers/reviews?id=189389

ModNation Racers is a wonderful continuation of the Play.Create.Share principle. It’s compared to LittleBigPlanet and Mario Kart – high class games – but it manages to easily set foot next to them. Everything is keenly thought out and invites you to play, whether it is singleplayer, online or splitscreen. Racing hours on end, while laughing and cursing for all the tricks that are being pulled is what this game is all about – and will continue to be about with the support of the community. Too bad the loading times are a tad too long. In any case: casual or hardcore, it doesn’t matter, because ModNation Racers is awesome.

As I said: another 90 (seeing how I reviewed it myself >_>)

Around the Network

PSM3 gave it a 9.1/10 in case anyone is interested.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

FreeTalkLive said:
maverick40 said:
wow a better score than mario kart wii!!Making modnation racers the best cart racer this gen so far!!

There is an outside chance it is #4 behind 2 Mario Karts and TrackMania United Forever.

based on what would it be #4?

Torillian said:
FreeTalkLive said:
maverick40 said:
wow a better score than mario kart wii!!Making modnation racers the best cart racer this gen so far!!

There is an outside chance it is #4 behind 2 Mario Karts and TrackMania United Forever.

TrackMania United Forever is on PC and the 2 Mario Karts from DS and GBA.

In other words it is the best on consoles and the best that offers splitscreen 4-player local play and as well as online + track creation and sharing.

To me that means that when directly compared, nothing else is close. 

I may end up picking this up. It is between this and RDR.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Euphoria14 said:
Torillian said:
FreeTalkLive said:
maverick40 said:

In other words it is the best on consoles and the best that offers splitscreen 4-player local play and as well as online + track creation and sharing.

Or rather it's just too different from the other games to be directly compared... which it will, and it's gonna end up being a pain in my ass.

It's like comparing Mario Kart 64 to Diddy Kong Racing, yeah they're both kart racers, but they don't even come close to playing the same.

And I'm pretty sure the context was THIS GEN so freetalk was meaning MK Wii.  Not sure why you want to throw MK Wii out of there and then have some banter about MNR as "the best on consoles" and "best that offers splitscreen 4-player"... I mean honestly you're (and everyone else that quoted each other) just fanning the fire that CGI tried to defuse with a joke. 

It's rather dumb if you've extensively played the games in question (I know MNR isn't out but there is the beta)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Torillian said:
FreeTalkLive said:
maverick40 said:

Or rather it's just too different from the other games to be directly compared... which it will, and it's gonna end up being a pain in my ass.

It's like comparing Mario Kart 64 to Diddy Kong Racing, yeah they're both kart racers, but they don't even come close to playing the same.

And I'm pretty sure the context was THIS GEN so freetalk was meaning MK Wii.  Not sure why you want to throw MK Wii out of there and then have some banter about MNR as "the best on consoles" and "best that offers splitscreen 4-player"... I mean honestly you're (and everyone else that quoted each other) just fanning the fire that CGI tried to defuse with a joke. 

It's rather dumb if you've extensively played the games in question (I know MNR isn't out but there is the beta)

So we can't compare MNR and Mario Kart Wii?

Back in the day me and friends would compare DKR and MK64 all the time, especially in regards to the 4 player games.

Just because they aren't exactly the same doesn't mean you can't compare them.

Currently playing:

Euphoria14 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Euphoria14 said:
Torillian said:
FreeTalkLive said:
maverick40 said:

So we can't compare MNR and Mario Kart Wii?

Back in the day me and friends would compare DKR and MK64 all the time, especially in regards to the 4 player games.

Just because they aren't exactly the same doesn't mean you can't compare them.

Then that's sort of like comparing L4D to Halo to CoD, all three are FPS games, all three can be compared to some extent which is fine with MNR and MK Wii but they do things much differently and there will be people that like one type of gameplay to the other and some people will like competitive mechanics of one to the other, etc.  It just ends up being a mess when you start trying to put the "best" label on it which is exactly what you did... so yeah, they're all really different >_> not sure why everyone needs to have the biggest E-peen about their games anyway...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Awesome score!!

This has been a must buy since E3 reveal for me!!

video review

Great score but the fact they haven't improved the incredible long load times means I'm probably gonna skip it.