By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Mod Nation Racers Review

RatingDescription  
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
8.0 Presentation
The loads are long, but that’s really the only hitch when it comes to presentation. The story drops your character into cutscenes, and it’s a breeze to communicate with others.
9.0 Graphics
The game looks awesome in motion. The fact that your created kart and character can look like they’re from the developer amazes me. Cutscenes could be sharper, though.
8.5 Sound
The career hosts deliver a funny performance. You’ll need to listen for incoming weapons to time your shield usage right. I could’ve gone for more voices for my creations.
9.0 Gameplay
Drifting feels great, the shield is welcome, and I was challenged without being frustrated… too much. Being able to restart lap challenges would’ve been nice, but the online stuff rocks.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
Tokens to find, an online community to conquer, and a nearly endless stream of free content – if you don’t mind the loads, you’ll be playing for a long, long time.
Outstanding
OVERALL
(out of 10)

nice!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1087498p2.html

Around the Network

Good score! Should be a great game, just hope that it gets the sales it deserves as the Beta was great fun

I hate loading... but sound great.

4 ≈ One

yeah thats a great score but i dont think this game will have the same lasting community that LBP had.

End of 2012 prediction:

xbox 360 : 73-75 million  playstation 3 : 72-74 million  wii : 104-105 million 

Most hyped for :

Bioshock: infinte, The Last Of Us, Alan Wake's American Nightmare and Agent

IGN UK gave it 9/10 too.

Around the Network

cool i can't wait to get this game

wow a better score than mario kart wii!!Making modnation racers the best cart racer this gen so far!!

Awesome! ModNation Racers is yet another excellent addition to the already amazing PS3 library!

great news. im realy pulling for this game.

chazy13 said:
yeah thats a great score but i dont think this game will have the same lasting community that LBP had.

I wouldn't really say it needs the same kind of community.  Making a track seems to be orders of magnitude easier than a LBP level.  Plus there is probably more replay value with tracks versus levels.