By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Halo Reach Beta is Fail

Only things I really hate are the melee system, the explosion range of the normal grenades and how the DMR is just not a good weapon compared to the Needle Rifle and the Pistol.

Also, the only overpowered armor ability I've seen so far is the Cloaking one. It's really hard to just win after someone that has it even if you start attacking him at the same time that he sees you (because of how the melee works, you'll mostly die at the same time as him, Halo 3 double KOs style!).

I'm enjoying this new ODST beta compared to the Friends & Family one. People in that one were just toooo good. I mean what's the point, it's a beta damnit! Stats don't even carry over. So... 12 year olds for the win (because of my unfair advantages, and also for having played the beta before most of them, hehe)!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

Ha, I heard now that the default has RB as melee and jumping has been cut down. Bumper Jumpers unite!

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

The only thing I hate so far is the fact you can't background download it!

Mistershine said:

I got it to background download just fine....

Start the download off in your ODST menu, leave it for 30 seconds or so then press the guide button and return to dashboard.  It will probably stop the download.  Just go through the guide menu to your download history and it appears in there and you can select download again then carry on playing what you like while it downloads in the background.

Whoever decided that the last person to touch a flag gets the score in stockpile needs to be hit with something. I just had two teammates move the flags an inch in either direction and totally steal my points. -_-

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network
slowmo said:
Mistershine said:

I got it to background download just fine....

Start the download off in your ODST menu, leave it for 30 seconds or so then press the guide button and return to dashboard.  It will probably stop the download.  Just go through the guide menu to your download history and it appears in there and you can select download again then carry on playing what you like while it downloads in the background.

Awesome! I just watched the download screen for over an hour for nothing!

I love this Beta so far, I loved everything so far, except for the teammates who cant figure out how stockpile works

...when did intentionally using the word 'fail' as an adjective become so popular, so...hey check me out I'm tragically current.
I'm not a grammar nazi or anything but sweet mother of jesus it's annoying.

played the beta some more...I still cant beileve it has halo in the name...this should have

been bungvision new ip not Halo. Combat is very slow and the default speed is terrrible. This

game will never be has great has H2 or H3 as far and multiplayer are concerned. I understand

why they put reach in the name and not 4 now. Dont want to ruin the "main series". Hopefully

343 industries takes halo back to its roots being a highly competive shooter and skillful

instead of some armor powerup, skillless game,.

Has anyone from Australia been able to connect yet? It just says 'server is not available please try again later' for me :(