By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kasz216 said:

That's what I get for not signing on Hoopshype for a while.  Anyone else read Hoopshype?

Cavs apparently trying to see if Toronto wants Mo Williams.  Probably the groundwork for an attempt at a Bosh sign and trade.

Williams, Hickson and someone else will probably be the offer.  Resign Shaq for cheap.  Keep Varejao for the off the bench energy.  Not sure what they do for PG though.

Not sure Toronto would be buying.  I mean... Calderon I remember being good.

Of course I might just feel that way because he was always available for drafting in NBA 2k6 and as such almost always ended up as my PG.

Funny thing is. We hate Calderon down here. He's overpaid and if anything he's regressed from what he was a few years ago. Most of us are saying that right now Cleveland and Toronto are trying to work out a deal that would send bosh down to Cleveland.

Most of us, are hoping for something like this:

Cavs Get:
Chris Bosh
Jose Calderon
Marco Beli (Expiring)

Totals in salaries: 28.3M

Raptors Get:
Antwan Jamison
JJ Hickson
Delonte West (Expiring)
Mo Williams

Totals in Salaries: 28.3M

The numbers work out so financially the trade can go down. It also works out for both teams as Toronto gets an emerging Young player in Hickson and some experience in Antwan, some defence in West and somebody a little more reliable scoring wise at the PG position in Mo Williams. If Hedo Turkoglu is still wearing a Raps jersey by next season, he'll be a better fit for this squad since he'll be able to handle the ball and create plays, since he is after all a Point-Forward.

For the Cavs this works out amazing since they get their All star quality PF and a pass-first type of point guard that takes off the ball handiling pressure off of Lebron.

Negatives for Toronto: They don't get as much cap relief as they would have probably like. And rotation issues. If this trade went down does Andrea Bargnani still play C? even though he really needs to play PF? How would they draft? Can Antwan Jamison play SF?

Negatives for Cleveland: Jose Calderon has regressed. There might be some chemistry issues between Chris Bosh and Shaq, since in 2008/2009 when Shaq scored 45pts on the Raptors, Chris critized Shaq for "Camping in the lane" in return, Shaq verberally castrated Chris by calling him. "The Rupaul of Big Men"

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

That really would be an interesting trade for sure.

I'd like to see it happen... looks pretty decent all around and really, i'm sure Jamison could be spunoff if need be or one of the other guys.

That was the Cavs problem... they were such a good team because they had that depth... then come the playoffs... they couldn't really use it effectivly.  You can't use depth in playoffs so they ended up having some good players not even play in one game, then have them play a lot in another.

You can't do that.

I like it better then Bosh for Bynum... mostly because Bosh for Bynum just feels like a straight downgrade.

At least here you get better in some areas while getting worse in others.  People say Bynum is still young, but honestly I think he is what he is at this point.

Kasz216 said:

I'd like to see it happen... looks pretty decent all around and really, i'm sure Jamison could be spunoff if need be or one of the other guys.

That was the Cavs problem... they were such a good team because they had that depth... then come the playoffs... they couldn't really use it effectivly.  You can't use depth in playoffs so they ended up having some good players not even play in one game, then have them play a lot in another.

You can't do that.

I like it better then Bosh for Bynum... mostly because Bosh for Bynum just feels like a straight downgrade.

At least here you get better in some areas while getting worse in others.  People say Bynum is still young, but honestly I think he is what he is at this point.

Yeah I really don't see Bynum taking off as much as some predicted. And I would lay the fact that the Cavs couldn't take advantage of their depth because of Mike Brown's incompetence.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
Kasz216 said:

You can't do that.

Yeah I really don't see Bynum taking off as much as some predicted. And I would lay the fact that the Cavs couldn't take advantage of their depth because of Mike Brown's incompetence.

both true. and I also agree on Calderon part.

However, if we get Mo, we would have two shoot first PG since we also have Jacks. If the trade goes down, how's the lineup gonna work?

Starting 5:

Bargnani, Hickson, Jamieson, Hedo, Mo

Bench:

Jacks, West, Weems, Derozan, Johnson

And the news of the day... Hedo wants to go to the Kings!

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

saicho said:
ShadowSoldier said:
Kasz216 said:

You can't do that.

both true. and I also agree on Calderon part.

However, if we get Mo, we would have two shoot first PG since we also have Jacks. If the trade goes down, how's the lineup gonna work?

Starting 5:

Bargnani, Hickson, Jamieson, Hedo, Mo

Bench:

Jacks, West, Weems, Derozan, Johnson

And the news of the day... Hedo wants to go to the Kings!

Yeah see there lies the problem. How will the rotations work? Hopefully BC drafts a big so we can move Bargs to the PF position. I see the starting 5 looking like this

Starting 5:

Aldrich/Orton/Udoh, Bargnani, Jamison, Hedo/Weems/West/DeRozan, Mo

Bench
Jack, Johnson etc etc.

If Jay Triano has this to work with and if he's smart. He'll move Bargnani to PF since thats what he is. Jamison is diverse enough that he can play well and succeed at the SF position. Hedo needs to have the ball in his hands in order to be effective. He can also play and defend SG pretty well based off his performance against Kobe in the 09 Finals. Mo would feel right at home. He can share the ball handiling duities with Turk but allow Turk to playmake during games. Hopefully BC drafts a big man. And hopefully DeMar DeRozan can develop a more solid game.

Around the Network

Is there anyone else just not enjoying the Finals?  I'm rooting for Boston, but I found myself not excited when they got back into the game.  There's just too many ticky tack fouls and the refs are screwing up the game's pace.  I think the stat they showed tonight was 112 fouls in the first 2 games, the most since 1966.  Fucking ridiculous. 

Of course analysts will be saying it's a physical series and blah blah blah.  No it's not.  When they start handing out flagrants then it becomes a physical series. 

I'm getting to the point when I'm asking myself "when does college football start?"  At least every play is reviewable.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

There has been a lot of fouls called during this series, but no call has been made that has changed the course of the games. When a team lost, a team lost because the players couldn't finish.

Derek Fisher though, another great Finals tale for him to put under his belt. Especially when Kobe needed 29 shots to get 29 points.

Both teams played ugly (lol at the 3 point %) but it was a tough game.

Oh... and lol at Ray Allen... almost made another record!

Smeags said:

There has been a lot of fouls called during this series, but no call has been made that has changed the course of the games. When a team lost, a team lost because the players couldn't finish.

Derek Fisher though, another great Finals tale for him to put under his belt. Especially when Kobe needed 29 shots to get 29 points.

Both teams played ugly (lol at the 3 point %) but it was a tough game.

Oh... and lol at Ray Allen... almost made another record!

I kind of wish he did make the record. It would be a good trivia question that no one could have guessed.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Why is this thread still going,we already know the Laker's are going to win this thing. end of story. lol

Anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNOYChVkvPs

Lol Shaq is my favourite player of all time.