By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid Showdown Round #2 - Rate MGS2!

9.8/10

Is still don't understand how Raiden is a crap character...

Gameplay was totally awesome, Graphics were once again mind blowing, story had good twists, Snake was just pure awesomeness, Music was epic and overall an awesome game.

Around the Network

9.3/10

Great Story, good gameplay and a great presentation overall. Not as good as the other ones but still a great game.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

9.5/10 My second favorite MGS game. I remember the beginning and seeing the water hit your goggles, I was like "This is a PS2 game?" Raiden quite literally kicks ass, he has all of Snakes skills plus some, great but weird story, super fun gameplay, and some great fan service too.

9.5/10 ..I enjoyed it much better than the first, yet was a little disappointed that Snake had to share the spotlight but maybe cause i was use to MGS1. But after really into it, Raiden is awesome and love his sword lol. Near end action scene when Raiden and Snake in the final showdown was epic.

2/10.

Only MG that I own and will ever own. The only reason I dont get rid of it is because it was a gift. I gave it one point because I enjoyed hiding in the lockers, and another point cuz it was fun dragging\humping the dead bodies. =P

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

I seriously doubt this is the worst MGS of the four (The Tanker Mission?! Does anyone remember that shit?), but I would rate it.....

8.7 / 10

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

Opa-Opa said:
I seriously doubt this is the worst MGS of the four (The Tanker Mission?! Does anyone remember that shit?), but I would rate it.....

8.7 / 10

It definitely isn't. The gameplay is some of the best in the series, and it capitalizes on solid gameplay with an extremely cohesive environment.

MGS2: 7/10

The worst MGS game I've played. It's still quite good but gameplay-wise was too similar MGS1 with only a few extras, even though it was on a new console. It just didn't have the same effect second time round. Storyline became way too convoluted and Raiden was an annoying character. Visually, however it was very impressive for the time. I replayed the whole series when 4 came out and I have to say I actually enjoyed a lot more than I remember. It also gets extra marks for having a poster of Kelly Brook in a bikini.

It's pretty interesting to see people criticize this game of convoluted story, while most fans of the series seem to think MGS4's was great. In reality, its story was more convoluted than MGS2's and it had its horribly ridiculous moments. Also, I don't understand all the Raiden hate - I can see why people didn't like him but it seems to affect the score a lot more than I think it would.

7.25 / 10.

Was my first MGS game, so I didn't really mind Raiden that much (ZOMG HERESY). The gameplay was surprisingly good (albeit the controls were clunky), the audiovisual presentation was great apart from some voice actors, and while the amount of stupid was steadily increasing throughout the game, it didn't really get mind-bendingly bad until the final hours of the game. And while those few hours were BAD, they weren't MGS4-level bad.

Warning: The preceding message may or may not have included sarcasm, cynicism, irony, full stops, commas, slashes, words, letters, sentences, lines, quotes,  flaeed  gramar, cryptic metaphors or other means of annoying communication. Viewer discretion is/was strongly advised.