By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal Gear Solid Showdown Round #2 - Rate MGS2!

9.6/10

Easily ranks in my top 10 games of all time. A intricately crafted story, with great plot twists, great characters (LADY LUCK FTW), fanatstic graphics, music, gameplay. This was my first "proper" MGS..the first one I played through myself.

This game made me a MGS fan & I bought the Gamecube MGS1 after playing it. On the other hand my dad was severely disappointed with MGS2.

This game has a very mixed response among fans.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

10/10 simply because most people don't seem to understand it and hate it because of the most stupidest reasons ever. Oh, and also it's one the best games I have ever played.

8.75/10

Worst MGS in the series, but it isn't a bad game.

7/10

Worst Metal Gear game. Bad story, bad characters. Some of the jokes are fun though.

Edit: 9.5/10, best metal gear solid for me. I enjoyed everything about it. My second best would be MGS1, then 4 then 3

I don't like to give perfect scores out, besides to my favorite game. Which I didn't give my score in that poll :P, everything else gets 9.5 or below :D

Around the Network

This was the First MGS game I had played. It was the first PS2 game I had played and until MGS4 came out it was my favorite game. It perfectly introduced Raiden into the picture as you play through his missions. It's more of a reminiscent of when I played my first PS2 game but I'd have to give it a 9.5/10.

P.S. - I honestly don't see how people thought the storyline was messed up or hard to follow, maybe it's because I beat it so many times that I understand it.

8.5/10, still good but not as good as the first one. Didn't really care much for Raiden, looks like he was snatched from band rehearsals with the Backstreet Boys and given a squirt gun and the whole not being Snake thing soured the game up for me a bit.
Gameplay is still solid (pun intended) though and the story is good imo.

9.5/10
the worst story on a mgs game but in terms of gameplay is awesome, I find it still the most challenging on higher difficulty levels.

9.0/10 - Top-notch gameplay with good mission variety, solid boss fights, lots of nice easter eggs, and outstanding soundtrack & visuals (at the time).

I enjoyed the story up until the end where it got complex, if not moronic. Raiden was annoying at first, but I grew to like him. One thing that annoyed me was the long conversations between Raiden & Rose after saving the game. Good God, I just wanted to save the game. All-in-all, I really enjoyed MGS2; it wowed me with its gameplay mechanics.

Gameplay was great, Story was "crazy" but good

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)