By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Your favorite original PlayStation game in the 'Platformer' genre.

I have only played through one platformer back on the PSX; which is Medievil.  I did play a bit of others so I'd have to say;

1. Medievil the first

2. Spyro series

3. Tomba series

@Disolitude

Why wouldn't Symphony of the Night not be considered a platformer?  It's the very definition of the genre that started way back when on the nes.

Around the Network

Tie between Crash and the first Rayman!
Oh, those were the times!

All Crash games no doubt.

Spyro 2.

darkknightkryta said:

I have only played through one platformer back on the PSX; which is Medievil.  I did play a bit of others so I'd have to say;

1. Medievil the first

2. Spyro series

3. Tomba series

@Disolitude

Why wouldn't Symphony of the Night not be considered a platformer?  It's the very definition of the genre that started way back when on the nes.

The fact that I forgot about those two makes me ashamed to say I like platformers.  Are they on PSN?

Around the Network

Crash easily.

Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

The best platformer EVER

1. Crash Bandicoot 2. That game was the reason we bought a memory card for our PS1. Many a day spent playing through those crazy levels.
2. Ape Escape. One of the best games ever made, period. I wish they had two sticks on PSP so to allow for a serious PSP version.
3. Crash Bandicoot 3. Almost as much fun as the second game.

Can't put them in order but my 3 favourites are the crash games, the spyro games and heart of darkness. I like Rayman too and I lked the demo of Tombi, but never owned the game.

Crash Bandicoot