By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Your favorite original PlayStation game in the 'Platformer' genre.

crash, it was my first playstation game.

Around the Network

i won't list favorites because i loved them all.
Jersey Devil was great and was huge (in scale)

also i loved Bugs Bunny Lost in time and the sequel (split screen coop platformer!!)

also here are some more ovelooked games other than the ones mentioned

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I think I only remember playing 3 platformers on the PS. but I'll order those according to my preference:

1. Crash 1
2. Crash 2
3. Tomb Raider

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Oddworld games (Odyssey and Exodus) were amazing - but I played on the PC.
Rayman 2 too, but I played it on the Dreamcast.

On the PS... hmm, Castlevania SOTN was incredible! Very metroidish!

Klonoa

I have (or have/had in the household): ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, NES, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo, Sega Megadrive, Gameboy, Playstation, Nintendo 64, Windows 95, Gameboy Colour, Windows 98, Sega Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, Windows XP, Nintendo DS, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, Windows Vista, iPhone, Windows 7, 3DS, Wii U, PS4, Windows 10, PSVR, Switch, PS5 & PSVR2. :D

and I Don't have: Magnovox Odyssey, Any Atari's, Any Macintosh computers, Sega Gamegear, Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, N-gage, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PSP, PSVita & Andoid Phone. Plus any non-main-stream consoles/platforms I haven't mentioned.

Around the Network

You know... I don't think there was a single PlayStation Platformer I did like.

At the very least I can't think of any.

Tomba 2 was my favorite, followed by Spyro.

I know its more than three games but i liked them .

Jumping Flash,Tomba 2,Medievil,Ape Escape.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Icyedge said:
disolitude said:
Is Castlevania SOTN a platformer? Cause you have to make jumps...and shit :)

lol I was wandering the same thing, if yes than symphony of the night all the way. Must have at least 6 completed games. With richter, axearmor and even maria on the PSP version.

Totally, my forums avatar is there for a reason...prolly still my most enjoyed game of all time. I played it and beat it on PS1, Saturn, Xbox 360 and PSP. PSP version caught me off guard as it has completely new voice work... Dialoge in the PSP version ain't that cheezy.

But yeah, if that is a platformer, then why are we listing all this other stuff? We have a clear PS1 winner :)

Crash Bandicoot: Warped is probably one of the best games I've ever played. With that said, Spyro takes the crown for that gen, for me