By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Zelda Wii 2011 inminent now?

I know you're gonna say "nooooo", or "remeber 2007?"

Now that Metroid has been delayed for almost holidays, this means bad stuff for the new zelda

also about the 2007 thingy, I know, but we have both galaxy and metroid this year, so.........

but then, is metroid really a massive seller to keep the wii alive?

will we have then, or soon?

Around the Network

It's been delayed to late August which is Q3, not near holidays.. Beside that, Metroid isn't that big of a franchise, it'll be lucky to hit 2 Million in sales. The delay doesn't effect Zelda because it's not a flagship system seller that needs spacing from other major releases and it isn't close enough anyway.

^^^^

someone just posted that Amazon.co.uk has a release date of 12/14/10 (which is a Tuesday). Obviously we need to overreact and create lots of threads without using reasoning.

I agree, Other M is too small a title to force another major holiday game to be delayed. If anything I'd be more concerned about Other M slipping to 2011.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:

^^^^

someone just posted that Amazon.co.uk has a release date of 12/14/10 (which is a Tuesday). Obviously we need to overreact and create lots of threads without using reasoning.

I agree, Other M is too small a title to force another major holiday game to be delayed. If anything I'd be more concerned about Other M slipping to 2011.

I am aware, as you'll notice I made a couple of posts in that thread. However it isn't confirmed and it's amazon so I ignored it in my assessment of the situation.

I would rather Other M slip to 2011 and get Zelda this year.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

I think Nintendo believes that the big hit this holidays will be Wii Vitality and its software.
So they don't need another one, like Zelda.
And when someone scream desiring a hardcore game they will answer that there are Other M and Galaxy2.

I would like to be wrong, but i believe that Zelda is a march 2011 release.

oh, well I entered and exited due to not caring... I don't care about this either and only posted cause... well, I really don't know.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

I must say this overreaction over a placeholder-date is really funny

Dand said:
I think Nintendo believes that the big hit this holidays will be Wii Vitality and its software.
So they don't need another one, like Zelda.
And when someone scream desiring a hardcore game they will answer that there are Other M and Galaxy2.

I would like to be wrong, but i believe that Zelda is a march 2011 release.

and you think this why? Nintendo had Wii Sports Resort & Wii Fit Plus last year, but they still got NSMBWii out he door.

Wii Vitality should be released around the same time WSR was (vitality is suppsoed to be released ASAP after E3 according to Nintendo) and then there is nothing left with a solid date until 2011 (well Other M got delayed)

well, I really hope Zelda will not get delayed. Zelda Wii, Vitality sensor and game, maybe even Mario Party 9 would make a great holiday for Nintendo. who says it has to be limited to 2 big Wii games? :-p why not 3?

and I hope Pikmin 3, Star Fox and F-Zero Wii are confirmed at E3, and then those might come in 2011.