By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Nintendo Could 'Win' E3: An IGN Conversation

LordTheNightKnight said:
radiantshadow92 said:

umm they do know madworld doesn't tear up the charts and why just dance does. They are not blind Jeeez. 

When did they ever say it sold well because of the immersive world? It feels like you think these people are retarted or something. Dude, wake up. They are gamers just like us. Who give their opinion to the public and publish the gaming news. 

You clearly haven't seen their comments about Nintendo being lazy, and them claiming a game selling with HD graphics was the cause of those sales, not a correlation.

And making a strawman of my comments (I'm calling them wrong, not idiots) does not make my comments invalid. It just makes you someone who twists words.

I have seen the comments, and that was a few editors giving their OPINION. And i never recall saying "you are calling them idiots". Just that, by your posts it sure feels that way, you keep making them seem like they know nothing of the gaming world. I am not twisting anything, just going by what i read is all.

Around the Network

Well Nintendo already won last year with IGN's definition. They want Nintendo to focus on Mario/Metroid/Zelda, the "core" titles for "real gamers." Last year we got a new "hardcore" Metroid by a very respected "hardcore" action game company, some hints about a new Zelda with new sword controls, the first 2-D Mario to hit a home console since the SNES but now with 4-player co-op, a 3-D Mario sequel to one of the highest critically rated games of all time, and even a 2-D Mario vs. Donkey Kong with user-generated levels. If IGN wasn't happy with that, they'll never be happy.

If this is the case, then this is the only way Nintendo can "win" this unwinnable battle:

Reggie takes the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am about to show you the biggest problem in our industry today. No it's not saturation of a particular genre or platform in any region, a lack of innovation, or a lack of enthusiasm about games by the public. We've already taken care of all that. This is the last big problem in the industry, and it's one of the oldest. We're not exactly sure how to solve it yet, but we know the first step is pointing it out to everybody so we can begin the discussion. I now present the biggest problem of the industry."

Reggie takes out a giant mirror.

Nintendo in my mind is a hot favourite to 'win' E3. They have the 3DS coming and the announcement of a new console almost always gives a console manufacturer a strong showing and in addition to this its in 3D which is a 'core gamer' wet dream as it doesn't require glasses. So its the first taste of real 3D gaming many people will ever experience.

I doubt that Sony has anything truely spectacular and I doubt that Microsoft will make it out of E3 without screwing some fundamental thing up because they always screw up something with new product launches its their genetic code to do so.

I give the odds at

65% Nintendo

15% Sony

20% Microsoft

At this point.

Tease.

IGN...? XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Start with telling how you are innovative with motion control and sell like crazy.
Go on showing you are even more innovative and show the vitality sensor with at least two games: one horror and one casual.
Then, up the ante and show the 3DS saying that, again, you are friggin awesome and innovative. Show some games for 3DS.
And, to win, put myamoto up there to show ZELDA, F-ZERO, METROID, PIKMIN and maybe STAR FOX.

This would be so awesome that even at E3 2011, Nintendo could just put a video of E3 2010 and everybody would cry tears of joy one second time.
Somebody would shout "It's from last year!" and everybody would answer "WE DON'T CARE!".

"How hard would it be to randomize facial features and skin tones? That's what we want, to feel like we're killing hundreds of different people. Not a bunch of clones or twins. We want to know, deep down, that there are hundreds of grieving mothers out there, lamenting the terror of our dreaded blade."

Cracked.com ( http://www.cracked.com/article_16196_p4.html ), saying the Hardcore gamers' dark truth. And it's Hell True.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Reggie takes the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I am about to show you the biggest problem in our industry today. No it's not saturation of a particular genre or platform in any region, a lack of innovation, or a lack of enthusiasm about games by the public. We've already taken care of all that. This is the last big problem in the industry, and it's one of the oldest. We're not exactly sure how to solve it yet, but we know the first step is pointing it out to everybody so we can begin the discussion. I now present the biggest problem of the industry."

ROFL!

Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:
The day has nearly arrived; once Greg Miller leaves, I will officially not recognize a single editor at IGN!

I'm already there!

...Should I remember Greg Miller?

Not at all: he's eminently forgettable.

radiantshadow92 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
radiantshadow92 said:

umm they do know madworld doesn't tear up the charts and why just dance does. They are not blind Jeeez. 

When did they ever say it sold well because of the immersive world? It feels like you think these people are retarted or something. Dude, wake up. They are gamers just like us. Who give their opinion to the public and publish the gaming news. 

You clearly haven't seen their comments about Nintendo being lazy, and them claiming a game selling with HD graphics was the cause of those sales, not a correlation.

And making a strawman of my comments (I'm calling them wrong, not idiots) does not make my comments invalid. It just makes you someone who twists words.

I have seen the comments, and that was a few editors giving their OPINION. And i never recall saying "you are calling them idiots". Just that, by your posts it sure feels that way, you keep making them seem like they know nothing of the gaming world. I am not twisting anything, just going by what i read is all.

It's treating those opinions as fact that is the BS. And I'm not making it seem as though they know nothing about the gaming world. You are reading my comments to mean that. Read the full context of them.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Bobbuffalo said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Reggie takes the stage.

ROFL!

That would be so epic.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

And once again IGN aims as winning = popular. Which is fine if that's the standard you aiming for. Though I think Sony will "win" as popularity contest this year.

I do however think that Nintendo will be the least popular, but manage to target everything right that they will once again be the most profitable company for the next fiscal year. Using E3 as a spring board. Remember business isn't about flash it's about strategy. If your selling just flash it's only good for a few early sales.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.