By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the worst (morally) kind of game content (for the youth)?

What is the worst (morally) kind of game content (for the youth)?

Sex 5 9.09%

Murder 18 32.73%

Revenge 3 5.45%

Slavery 3 5.45%

Excessive Gore 15 27.27%

Discrimination 11 20.00%

Total:55

I can't really say, any of those can be bad if handled badly.

I'd guess discrimination would be worst though, because it seems the easiest to learn and execute. It doesn't take a lot of effort or determination to be discriminative, as opposed to murder.

Overall, it's a case thing though. Games for teenagers without blood in them might actually have a better chance of making someone murder someone else, because the players don't see the consequnces of shooting/killing someone.

Around the Network
Rickz0r said:
The Gods checked upon and sometimes controlled each other actions, so for me they were all responsible for what Ares had done. For that purpose alone, Kratos' revenge was deserved. It doesn't help either that all those Gods were pricks, and pissed Kratos off.

WTF are you talking about.....every god wanted Ares dead but couldnt do anything about that as Gods are not allowed to kill other gods.....thats why they helped kratos on his journey for revenge in the first game.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Athena was the only god that really helped him. The other used Kratos as a puppet. They however did have the power to control each other's actions, and demote each other from being a God. In God of War II they betrayed Kratos, and thats why I think that they didn't mind what Ares did to Kratos. They did mind however what Ares was doing to Athen.

Gore would be bad as it could give children nightmares.
Even Mario is a murdering bastard of billions and billions of innocent turtles and fish.

Either way censoring this stuff for kids is fine, the real issue remains is when governments prevent adults from viewing this stuff in games. Parents govern kids, should the government govern this content for adults? I would say no, yet many governments like to tell their citizens what is right and wrong for them to view.

Gore, and to a lesser extent, sex..
The rest of them, even a child would understand as the morally ambiguous choices of the characters of a story, that are not necessarily 100% good or evil.
But visual stuff can mess up people.

Around the Network

Madworld, Manhunt, Postal and GTA.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Discrimination is worst. Especially using bugrimmars own argument, which I agree with, that it's by far the most likely thing that people will do in real live. By far. Nearly everyone discriminates other people to some extent.

Murder, slavery and gore is shown everywhere already, it's a vital part of entertainment and culture, it's just fiction and doesn't affect people on a deeper level that has any significant consequences in society.

And revenge ain't a bad thing in my opinion.

My child is only allowed to murder Brits, Poles and Australians. Im concerned if he murdered anyone else he would get traumatized.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
My child is only allowed to murder Brits, Poles and Australians. Im concerned if he murdered anyone else he would get traumatized.

Indeed, Kantor's mind is still fragile. My faith in you as a parent is coming back, after God of War 3, Kratos can't be trusted as a father anymore.

Rainbird said:
Squilliam said:

Indeed, Kantor's mind is still fragile. My faith in you as a parent is coming back, after God of War 3, Kratos can't be trusted as a father anymore.

He did kill his family after all because of his ambition! What a dead-beat dad he is...

Tease.