By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy Showdown Round #5 -- Rate FF6 & FF5!

Final Fantasy 5=7.7
Final Fantasy 6-10

Around the Network

FFV : 8.5/10

FFVI - 10 10 10 10

YES! There's no way FF6 can't win now! (I'm assuming the average should be extremely high after the 10's!)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

FF V - 9.25/10
FF VI - 9.4/10

darthdevidem01 said:

FF6:

THE BEST FINAL FANTASY!

This game is legendary and for me its the pinnacle of both the franchise & the RPG genre that hasn't been surpassed yet.

Despite all the epic CGI Cut Scenes in post FF7 FF games NO SCENE except for one can surpass the pure charm/simplicity yet epicness of the opera scene. And only 2 scenes in all of gaming cross The Opera Scene for me.

The funny thing the opera scene isn't even the best scene (though it's still a great scene amongst many great scenes from that game)!

By far the best is The Solitary Island.  There's just so much emotion there and even today it still holds up incredibly well.  It really shows what amazing things you can do with simple sprite graphics.

Around the Network

I thought the Opera was lame tbh. Lol.

^ This is what I did while watching the opera.

GETTIN' CHRONOCRUNK

Opa-Opa said:

^ This is what I did while watching the opera.

haven't played FFV

but FFVI
IS
THE
BEST
FINAL
FANTASY
EVER! - 10/10

also as the best piano piece in the FFVI Piano Collections - Tina

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

FF5: 8/10
While a solid game, FF5 lacks character development and a gripping story. Enjoyable characters though. Loved Galuf's death and Faris's childhood story.

FF6: 10/10
I have to say this might be the Best one in the series. So much real life was all clumped up into one single cartridge. This game revolutionized the series, introducing character developing, more than 12 playable characters, first female protagonist, best music, and best plot. This game's production value were also top quality in every aspect of it. It also was the first to feature qualities that were later used in later FFs. For example, protagonists having Amnesia in the first part of the game (Cloud, Squall, and Tidus). First FF that truly made me feel sorry for the characters, and made me tear once i saw Celes's trying to commit suicide jumping off that cliff just because she thought everyone had died and of course her loved one Locke. She also loses her father cid in the solitry island. First featured teen pregnancy in a Final Fantasy. This game had everything that was needed to really stand out from just being a 2D sprite based game to real life with REAL LIFE situations. If i can give it a 20/20 i would. It also featured Terra's theme and Celes's theme, which are clearly the best piece of music i have ever heard in video game history.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909