By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Matt Casamassina leaves IGN

I didn't see this coming.

Good for him I guess.

Around the Network

Wow IGN is experience a real exodus!!!, well this happen when you lost all your credibility

PSN ID: xwolf7 / NNID: xwolf_07 

The Wonderful 101 GOTY 2013 - Bayonetta 2 GOTY 2014 - Xenoblade Cross GOTY 2015.

i didn't know Nintendo fans read IGN too much
i thought you guys hated the site, i personally don't read it, too busy to give a damn.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

So Matt's love affair with Apple finally comes full circle.

Severance said:
i thought you guys hated the site, i personally don't read it, too busy to give a damn.

You don't think.. maybe.. that the IGN Nintendo team have all left because Nintendo fans don't read their site any more? No, that would be too logical.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Xen said:
He went on from reviewing and writing about something that he didn't like to a big position in Apple? Well done.

In America, if you complain and whine enough, people not only listen but hire you to better positions.

Then that is definitely the country to immigrate to, hah.

Honestly this saddens me, I've been reading Matt's reviews since N64.com... before I knew that wasn't an official Nintendo website XD... but he's always been one of the most fair journalists in gaming media, honestly he can complain and whine from time to time, we've all got our issues, he really did at least bring up justifications for his complaints which is more than you can say for his once cohort Daemon Hatfield.

It really is a blow to IGN, I really wasn't going there ever since a lot of the change ups and absurd articles, but this has lowered that figure to about nil.

I hope he does well, he's got an ever growing family (if you listen to the podcast) and it seems like a position like that would offer a good bit of money. He's an apple fan (which is probably my only problem with him lol) seems like a good job for him to do.

Hope things go well, cheers!

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Demotruk said:
Severance said:

You don't think.. maybe.. that the IGN Nintendo team have all left because Nintendo fans don't read their site any more? No, that would be too logical.

It doesn't sound like they were forced out or anything.  I think it probably had more to do with just the fact they spent a lot of time covering a system they didn't like.  Persumibly anyway... I've never really read IGN so I can't speak about it.

Honestly I don't read any gaming sites.  I get all my news here. 

I came in here hoping to see a redeeming voice for IGN, that they fired him... but no, all I hear is that now the pleague is spreading to Apple. Good thing Iphone games have noting to do with apple and that I don't have to read text from apple editors when downloading my apps.

Booh and +1 @ IGN (makes them -999 now!!)

-10 respect @ Apple

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Severance said:

i believe it's for historical reasons. from the N64 era to mid gamecube era ign was very pro-nintendo, then after E3 2003 things began to change.

BTW i don't care much about him. who's left on the ign nintendo team? if they hire some new guys (competent guys) i could reconsider my ign boycott.

Become a fan of I Love Videogames on facebook! The most updated and fun italian videogame fanpage on facebook! click here!

Also visit I Love Videogames: a new and fresh italian videogaming site! click here!