By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Matt Casamassina leaves IGN

To work for Apple.

"Anybody who has read my work through the years will know that I’ve long been a huge Nintendo fan, but if there is one company that could entice me away from covering Mario and Zelda it’s the one owned by Steve Jobs. Beginning early May, I will join Apple as global editorial games manager, App Store. In a nutshell, I will be leading the charge for games on the App Store, so whether you browse through iTunes, iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, the games content you see will be handpicked and organized by me and my team. I couldn’t be happier."

http://blogs.ign.com/Matt-IGN/2010/04/22/141621/
http://mouthonfire.com/

Around the Network

I don't know what to say.

I haven't read anything he's written for years, but I know he contributes to the dialogue in a way I don't like.

Still, good to know he's happy.

The end of an era.

-celebrates-

Pixel Art can be fun.

:0

From IGN to Apple... Cannot decide if its a good thing or a bad thing.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
I don't know what to say.

I haven't read anything he's written for years, but I know he contributes to the dialogue in a way I don't like.

Still, good to know he's happy.

It's ironic (at least from the sentiment in this thread.) that he's going to a job... that would almost needs a focus on casual games.

He's going to be more wii then wii... and less... Mario and Zelda.  I'm sure he'll get paid much better though, so there is that.

The Age of Terror shall finnaly start to colapse.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Beuli2 said:
The Age of Terror shall finnaly start to colapse.

Watch, they will make Daemon the new Editor-In-Chief.

Unfortunately I only became aware of IGN over the past year or so.

So I never had the opportunity to feel anything more than contempt for them, personally.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, matt was the only thing ign had left, now they only have... craig harris????
bozon was cool, matt was cool, craig sucks