By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 16 - Brawlsville

Final-Fan said:

If Wario (bus driver) moved theRepublic and a certain person before he died, that could account for SFB's seeming crazy lie.

I think you are right about that, but it doesn't matter too much.  Both Trangentspree and SciFiBoy are telling the same story on what the role does, they only differ on whether he is a Primid or Lucario.  The thing that bothers me about SciFiBoy's roleclaim is just how easy he gave it up.  Everyone else is trying to desperately cling to their role.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:

TOS is wrong about me being a bodysnatcher.

Does that mean my first impression was right?

Signature goes here!

trangentspree said:
theRepublic said:
trangentspree said:
Control - I would get a random selection of 4 players each night and I could pick one to find out all their info and control their night action. I only did this for SciFiBoy after finding out who Link was via my other ability. I can tell you he is some sort of spy and I used his ability to find out the role of another player - but SciFiBoy is the only antitown I have uncovered.

How do you know he is anti-town?
If that other person who's role you know is still alive, consider spilling the beans.  There is no guarantee you will make it through the night, and with how small my suspect list is right now, that extra piece of information could help my zero in on BOTH Subspace scum remaining.  (Yes, I think there are only two left.)

It was in part of the info I was told. After reviewing that info again:
ScifiBoy is the "Spying Primid who likes scopes."
He took orders from somebody else
He could find out who a person was, but can't see the roles they perform.

SFB's response to this was:  "that makes sense actually, I havent heard from j0 about my investigation of Trucks yet, Trangent controlling my power explains that."

This seems an odd thing to say when he has just been called a Primid. 

It seems to me that we can either believe SFB or trangent here, but that believing both of them is unwise.  If SFB is Lucario, then trangent would not have any reason to see him as not-Lucario.  If trangent is protown, then he would obviously not lie about SFB and I see no reason to think that trangent sees people's roles wrongly

I could believe that the mafia have an investigative role, but (A) I don't buy that they have one that works identically to SFB's alleged Lucario and (B) I don't buy that they ALSO have a bus driver.  And while I'm at it, I don't buy that the town got two investigative roles AND Link who was apparently a neutral investigative role. 

So if trangent and SFB have nothing to add to what they already said, we have a pretty straightforward choice between them. 

I'm inclined to believe trangent just because his hammer was so ridiculously suspicious it's hard to believe he'd do it if he was guilty.  OTOH he might have if he thought it was worth it to kill off Link:  after all, the mafia was full-strength at the time; he might have considered it a worthwhile sacrifice. 

P.S.  The Ancient Minister was pretty clearly a Godfather role.  It seems weird to have Ganondorf as SSA and not be in charge; and also weird to have a Godfather that's not in charge. 

FoS SFB

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

TruckOSaurus said:
Final-Fan said:
TOS is wrong about me being a bodysnatcher.

Does that mean my first impression was right?

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Final-Fan said:
trangentspree said:
theRepublic said:
trangentspree said:
Control - I would get a random selection of 4 players each night and I could pick one to find out all their info and control their night action. I only did this for SciFiBoy after finding out who Link was via my other ability. I can tell you he is some sort of spy and I used his ability to find out the role of another player - but SciFiBoy is the only antitown I have uncovered.

How do you know he is anti-town?
If that other person who's role you know is still alive, consider spilling the beans.  There is no guarantee you will make it through the night, and with how small my suspect list is right now, that extra piece of information could help my zero in on BOTH Subspace scum remaining.  (Yes, I think there are only two left.)

It was in part of the info I was told. After reviewing that info again:
ScifiBoy is the "Spying Primid who likes scopes."
He took orders from somebody else
He could find out who a person was, but can't see the roles they perform.

SFB's response to this was:  "that makes sense actually, I havent heard from j0 about my investigation of Trucks yet, Trangent controlling my power explains that."

This seems an odd thing to say when he has just been called a Primid. 

It seems to me that we can either believe SFB or trangent here, but that believing both of them is unwise.  If SFB is Lucario, then trangent would not have any reason to see him as not-Lucario.  If trangent is protown, then he would obviously not lie about SFB and I see no reason to think that trangent sees people's roles wrongly

I could believe that the mafia have an investigative role, but (A) I don't buy that they have one that works identically to SFB's alleged Lucario and (B) I don't buy that they ALSO have a bus driver.  And while I'm at it, I don't buy that the town got two investigative roles AND Link who was apparently a neutral investigative role. 

So if trangent and SFB have nothing to add to what they already said, we have a pretty straightforward choice between them. 

I'm inclined to believe trangent just because his hammer was so ridiculously suspicious it's hard to believe he'd do it if he was guilty.  OTOH he might have if he thought it was worth it to kill off Link:  after all, the mafia was full-strength at the time; he might have considered it a worthwhile sacrifice. 

P.S.  The Ancient Minister was pretty clearly a Godfather role.  It seems weird to have Ganondorf as SSA and not be in charge; and also weird to have a Godfather that's not in charge. 

FoS SFB

that was a response to my own post which I made before Trucks post, it was only after I posted it that I saw Trucks post

this post - http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3415694&page=18&postnum=41

while I was typing/posting this post - http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3415711&page=18&postnum=44

both Dsister and Trucks posted, my 2nd post was not in response to either of them as I had not read their posts.

Around the Network

Is it just me or has Vetteman94 failed to post in a really long time?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Is it just me or has Vetteman94 failed to post in a really long time?

It's not just you.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

Right now I'm believing Trangent. SFB role claim came out of no where and I don't believe his "Lucario" claim, though his other info seems plausible. The only thing that bothers me is that Ganondorf seems like someone who could be part of the subspace army since he was one of the ones in charge in the real game. But, after seeing Link's role I'm almost certain he is some sort of vigilante and not part of the army.

And Vettman not posting in a while is very odd as well, maybe he is trying to lay low.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I guess we could lynch Vetteman and have these two guys tell us two more town roles...
SFB does SM128 and trangent does TOS?

I mean it would be a pretty cool consolation prize. I think we can probably afford to scum-hunt around those two for today, instead of necessarily picking one. If we want to.

Also, I'm not entirely convinced Ganondorf has told us everything about him. Link was neutral, maybe he is too; or maybe he starts anti-town but flips if Link dies; or something else weird. One reason I'm inclined to trust him is that he seems too cool to be mafia, doing all that AND killing someone.

Final-Fan said:
I guess we could lynch Vetteman and have these two guys tell us two more town roles...
SFB does SM128 and trangent does TOS?

I mean it would be a pretty cool consolation prize. I think we can probably afford to scum-hunt around those two for today, instead of necessarily picking one. If we want to.

Also, I'm not entirely convinced Ganondorf has told us everything about him. Link was neutral, maybe he is too; or maybe he starts anti-town but flips if Link dies; or something else weird. One reason I'm inclined to trust him is that he seems too cool to be mafia, doing all that AND killing someone.

Have these guys do what?  If they are telling the truth, they are plain townies now.

Falcon should have some extra information today.  He should be able to give us something.  At least an 'X is innocent' I would think.  That should keep his role safe.

Now Playing