By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 16 - Brawlsville

Have we agreed that Link was an independent actor in the game apart from the pro-town side? His role in the OP doesn't say anything about winning with the town or even wanting to lynch subspace army.

I think Link is a balancer. If there were 3 mafia, then Ganondorf is good but Link is out to get him. If there were 4 mafia, then Ganondorf is bad but Link is out to get him. Either way it shaves off the advantage of the side of the team he's on.

The case for 3 mafia: 13 people total. The supposed Golden Rule is 3 town to 1 mafia. 3 + 9 = 12, so it's 3 and 9 with Link on his own mini-faction going after Ganondorf.

The case for 4 mafia: What if they don't have powers while all the townies do? That would justify what would be otherwise an oversized mafia. But no, this doesn't make sense because we're sure one of trangent and SM128 [edit: SFB] is bad and has powers.

Vote SciFiBoy

Falcon, this doesn't mean you get to not post.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Unvote SciFiBoy

Thanks Falcon.
trangent, I consider that a very fair request. And then we can hear what Falcon has to say.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Vetteman94 said:

If it wasnt for trangent's evidence against him, I would actually believe SciFiBoy, I guess this is where I am supposed to acknowledge TOS post about SFB's investigations.

But that is pretty damning evidence.  If of course a primid is in the subspace, dont know never played SSBB.

Yes, Primids are part of the Subspace Army.

This is a primid: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Primid

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Final-Fan said:

Have we agreed that Link was an independent actor in the game apart from the pro-town side? His role in the OP doesn't say anything about winning with the town or even wanting to lynch subspace army.

I think Link is a balancer. If there were 3 mafia, then Ganondorf is good but Link is out to get him. If there were 4 mafia, then Ganondorf is bad but Link is out to get him. Either way it shaves off the advantage of the side of the team he's on.

The case for 3 mafia: 13 people total. The supposed Golden Rule is 3 town to 1 mafia. 3 + 9 = 12, so it's 3 and 9 with Link on his own mini-faction going after Ganondorf.

The case for 4 mafia: What if they don't have powers while all the townies do? That would justify what would be otherwise an oversized mafia. But no, this doesn't make sense because we're sure one of trangent and SM128 [edit: SFB] is bad and has powers.

Vote SciFiBoy

Falcon, this doesn't mean you get to not post.

Also in the case against 4 mafia: we already know one of the mafia to be a Godfather.  Showing up innocent to cops is very powerful.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing

Playing the waiting game is boring....

trangentspree get in here!!!!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Playing the waiting game is boring....

trangentspree get in here!!!!

I agree. But, I'd rather we get it right then just decide without hearing from people. So atleast we are doing things the right way. lol

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

So... umm... anyone play any good games lately?

dsister44 said:

SMG2 comes out Sunday! Are you excited?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Not in the least

supermario128 said:
dsister44 said:

SMG2 comes out Sunday! Are you excited?

I am.  It is the first game I have ever pre-ordered.  The only reason I did it was because of Amazon's $20 gift card bonus.  So I got a game I know is not going to drop in price for essentially $30 at launch, and I know I'm going to love it.  I call that a win-win.

*waits not-so-patiently for Trangentspree and Falcon to spill their guts*

Now Playing