By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best hack and slash of all time in your OP

yo_john117 said:

God of War without a doubt!  Every other hack n slash pales in comparison to its epicness!!

Oh wow, I only beat Hermes at the wknd. There is still so much to see as per the above.

Around the Network

only played a few but has to be gow3

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

I haven't ever really played a hack n slash game.

Devil may cry 3

Tekken is not hack and slash. Alot of good games mentioned, GOW and Bayonetta seem to the most popular.

Around the Network

Old times: Golden Axe
Recent times - Ninja gaiden

I think everyone here is confused about the term hack'n slash. Its not so much the animation/movement of the character in game hacking and slashing as it is the gameplay itself. Whether you cast spells, have summoned monsters do your bidding or actually physically hack away with a large axe doesn't really matter. Slaughtering enemies by the droves, usually by the click of a button on the mouse (my character on Titan Quest has 50.000 kills, I don't think you'll get close on Bayonetta or Oblivion which are, in my mind, 3rd person action game and an RPG) are the trademarks of a true hack'n slash game.
Yes, Diablo II is an RPG but also a classic hack'n slash, much like Valkyria Chronicles is a strategy game and an RPG at the same time.

Ail said:
Boutros said:
Ail said:
d21lewis said:
I would say Bayonetta but you asked for opinion. Bayonetta is FACT.

Bayonetta isn't hack and slash......

Yes it is. Is Diablo 2 hack and slash?

hack and slash games center around close combat, Bayonetta main weapons are guns, hence it definitly can not be hack and slash.......

So you haven't played Bayonetta? 

radiantshadow92 said:
Tie between God of War II and God of War III. Those saying Bayonetta can eat platypus poop =l

HEY!!  I only did that twice!!

Ninja Gaiden BLACK (xbox)