By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best hack and slash of all time in your OP

MonstaMack said:
Boutros said:
MonstaMack said:
Diablo 2

Not an hack and slash.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_2

Elements of Hack and Slash and the creators calling it a Hack and Slash is close enough for me.

So yeah, Diablo 2.

yep, D2 easily. the typical hack & slash gets boring really fast and D2 is still fun after a decade.

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Ail said:
d21lewis said:
I would say Bayonetta but you asked for opinion. Bayonetta is FACT.

Bayonetta isn't hack and slash......

Yes it is. Is Diablo 2 hack and slash?

hack and slash games center around close combat, Bayonetta main weapons are guns, hence it definitly can not be hack and slash.......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Diablo II. Yes it is hack'n slash. Bayonetta, God of War, DMC, Ninja Gaiden etc are 3rd person action games so if they're allowed then so should Diablo II, which is less RPG then the above mentioned games are hack'n slash.

Diablo 2

I have spent mo,re time in Diablo 2 than all other hack and slash rpgs combined.

Ail said:
Boutros said:
Ail said:
d21lewis said:
I would say Bayonetta but you asked for opinion. Bayonetta is FACT.

Bayonetta isn't hack and slash......

Yes it is. Is Diablo 2 hack and slash?

hack and slash games center around close combat, Bayonetta main weapons are guns, hence it definitly can not be hack and slash.......

You make some good points but why would you consider Ninja Gaiden a non hack and slash game? There are limbs being chopped off left and right.

Around the Network

for me a "hack and slash" is a game like diablo, torchlight, titan quest etc

games like god of war, bayonetta or ninja gaiden are "beat them all" in my agenda

so, for me, my favourite hack and slash is "Champiosn of Norrath" on the PS2, so much fun playing this with my brother... But I've never played Diablo and I liked torchlight, so I'm quite excited for Diablo 3

Well Wikipedia's description is just in theory. Common description of Hack and Slash is button smashing.

yog-sothot said:
for me a "hack and slash" is a game like diablo, torchlight, titan quest etc

games like god of war, bayonetta or ninja gaiden are "beat them all" in my agenda

so, for me, my favourite hack and slash is "Champiosn of Norrath" on the PS2, so much fun playing this with my brother... But I've never played Diablo and I liked torchlight, so I'm quite excited for Diablo 3

Ooohhhh

I mixed Hack and Slash and Beat'em all >.< lol

So Tekken is a hack and slash ? ;)

It's just that simple.

well the thread has kinda gotten of topic but at least it's a civil discussion.