By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best hack and slash of all time in your OP

Hmm by reading most of the posts it's beteween GOW and NG

Around the Network

Seraphic will love you if he sees this thread.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Secret of Mana

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Severance said:
Seraphic will love you if he sees this thread.

This is his favorite genre?

Devil May Cry 1 or 3, Chaos Legion was pretty good too.

Around the Network
EL_PATRAS said:
does TNMT:IV count?

Sadly, it's a Beat 'Em Up... but shhhhh, for the good of the cause, we'll say it's a Hack 'n Slash!

Also, this.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

d21lewis said:
Ail said:
Boutros said:
Ail said:
d21lewis said:
I would say Bayonetta but you asked for opinion. Bayonetta is FACT.

Bayonetta isn't hack and slash......

Yes it is. Is Diablo 2 hack and slash?

hack and slash games center around close combat, Bayonetta main weapons are guns, hence it definitly can not be hack and slash.......

So you haven't played Bayonetta? 

I have most likely spent more time on Bayonetta than you have seeing how I have the platinum trophy

Bayonetta is not a hack and slash.....

As it has already been pointed out H&S do not focus on stories  but on slaughtering hordes of enemies quickly...

D2, Golden Axe, Titan Quest, Sacred 2, the Baldur Gate game on PS2 are all good examples of hack and slash.

As for the people claiming a game is an RPG and can not be a H&S it is kinda laughable.

H&S historically appeared as a sub genre of RPGs...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:
Devil May Cry 1 or 3, Chaos Legion was pretty good too.

DAMN RIGHT

Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2)
I have played this game at least 4 times. It's just sooooooo good!

Ail said:
d21lewis said:
Ail said:
Boutros said:
Ail said:
d21lewis said:
I would say Bayonetta but you asked for opinion. Bayonetta is FACT.

Bayonetta isn't hack and slash......

Yes it is. Is Diablo 2 hack and slash?

hack and slash games center around close combat, Bayonetta main weapons are guns, hence it definitly can not be hack and slash.......

So you haven't played Bayonetta? 

I have most likely spent more time on Bayonetta than you have seeing how I have the platinum trophy

Bayonetta is not a hack and slash.....

As it has already been pointed out H&S do not focus on stories  but on slaughtering hordes of enemies quickly...

D2, Golden Axe, Titan Quest, Sacred 2, the Baldur Gate game on PS2 are all good examples of hack and slash.

As for the people claiming a game is an RPG and can not be a H&S it is kinda laughable.

H&S historically appeared as a sub genre of RPGs...

I have no snappy come back for that.

But then you must realize that a huge portion of Bayonetta revolves around getting a score for dispatching hordes of enemies quickly and that the guns are pretty useless compared to the swords (used for slashing) or the axes (used for hacking) or the claws or the ice skates(!?).  A hack and slash can't have a story?  News to me!

*edit*

Well, whatever Bayonetta is, it's the best of its genre.