By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your political ideology? (test included!)

What is your political ideology? (test included!)

Socially Left, Financiall... 35 29.41%

Socially Right, Financial... 19 15.97%

Socially Left, Financially Left (Liberal) 38 31.93%

Socially Right, Financially Left (Communist) 10 8.40%

Socially Moderate, Financ... 8 6.72%

Socially Moderate, Financ... 9 7.56%

Total:119

Who's our closest to Ayn Rand?

Around the Network

I forget the numbers, but I found myself slightly right-libertarian, though pretty close to the center on both axes.

I find myself taking this test every few years, and I've danced around the center quite a bit. But to be honest, I've always had trouble with it. Too many absolutes, too many oversimplifications, and I really wish they'd put in a neutral answer.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

@Millenium. I agree. a neutral option should be there. I think I've vote neutral on a few of the things if I had the choice as opposed to dissagree or agree.

FaRmLaNd said:
@Millenium. I agree. a neutral option should be there. I think I've vote neutral on a few of the things if I had the choice as opposed to dissagree or agree.

Ditto

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Some questions were wtf but here are the results

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

Closest would be myself, Mafoo or SamuelRSmith, but none are very close. Ayn would be in the furthest lower-right corner of the map. I'm where she is economically, but no where socially.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

FaRmLaNd said:
Well considering as a person I'm very against war and violence when it can be avoided I wouldn't say I was close to someone that had anyting to do with an assassination.

Well, typically, people with a libertarian-leading ideology would be. However, in Emma's case, she believed the ends justified the means and wound up supporting violent anarchist movements in the name of 'liberty'.

But mind you, in her case, her works merely influenced the assassin. She had no direct involvement, other than the ideological beliefs.

mrstickball said:
Khuutra said:

Closest would be myself, Mafoo or SamuelRSmith, but none are very close. Ayn would be in the furthest lower-right corner of the map. I'm where she is economically, but no where socially.

It's interesting because I hold anarchy as a pure and beautiful philosophy but that woman

I'd run from her if I saw her

Khuutra said:
mrstickball said:
Khuutra said:

It's interesting because I hold anarchy as a pure and beautiful philosophy but that woman

I'd run from her if I saw her

Yeah. As much as I'm a devotee of free market capitalism, and decent social liberalism....I really can't stand her. Her objectivist philisophy seems just too....cold.

Everytime I hear her talk in one of her old discussions...It just sounds like she wants to say 'Hey, you need help? f*** you!'

Good writer, though.

mrstickball said:
FaRmLaNd said:
Well considering as a person I'm very against war and violence when it can be avoided I wouldn't say I was close to someone that had anyting to do with an assassination.

Well, typically, people with a libertarian-leading ideology would be. However, in Emma's case, she believed the ends justified the means and wound up supporting violent anarchist movements in the name of 'liberty'.

But mind you, in her case, her works merely influenced the assassin. She had no direct involvement, other than the ideological beliefs.

That sounds relatively utilitarian. Which I've never fully supported because its impossible to truly know what the consequences of your actions will be because people simply don't have enough information to make great predictions. Thats the problem with the "ends justify the means" or "for the greater good" like thinking. You may think the outcome is worth it, but you'll never truly know if it was until you actually do it. And as most people know, even the best laid plans can go down the drain because of unforseen consequences etc.