By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your political ideology? (test included!)

What is your political ideology? (test included!)

Socially Left, Financiall... 35 29.41%

Socially Right, Financial... 19 15.97%

Socially Left, Financially Left (Liberal) 38 31.93%

Socially Right, Financially Left (Communist) 10 8.40%

Socially Moderate, Financ... 8 6.72%

Socially Moderate, Financ... 9 7.56%

Total:119

tres bon

Around the Network

Economic -3.62

Social 1.33

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

Millennium said:
I forget the numbers, but I found myself slightly right-libertarian, though pretty close to the center on both axes.

I find myself taking this test every few years, and I've danced around the center quite a bit. But to be honest, I've always had trouble with it. Too many absolutes, too many oversimplifications, and I really wish they'd put in a neutral answer.

This.  There definitely needs to be a neutral option.  For example, the question "Are rich people taxed too much?"  I can't really say either way, but I disagree with the method by which they (and the rest of us) are taxed.  Thus I chose Agree, even though I really don't agree with the statement.

I actually decided to retake the test immediately upon completion, planning to change one answer and see where it'd put me, and I inadvertantly ended up changing 5-6 different answers because I wasn't really sure what to choose in the first place!

A neutral option would make things much easier.

Rath said:
mirgro said:
Looking over the questions some more. I honestly hope that they don't think that religiosity (if it's a word) and all that it entails, such as abortion and other such things, is a sign of conservatism. I have met some very conservative secular people, and I have to admit, they make a ton more sense than your religious variety of conservatives.

Anti-abortion, anti-gay and anti-contraception are all socially conservative positions, so they move the dot upwards. The fact that they are related to religion isn't really important as far as this goes.

I have seen die-hard conservatives, both socially and economically, who don't have any problems with those. Those are purely religious problems, and frankly, they give conservatives a bad name. They should just be labeled as religious and leave it at that.

mirgro said:
Rath said:
mirgro said:
Looking over the questions some more. I honestly hope that they don't think that religiosity (if it's a word) and all that it entails, such as abortion and other such things, is a sign of conservatism. I have met some very conservative secular people, and I have to admit, they make a ton more sense than your religious variety of conservatives.

Anti-abortion, anti-gay and anti-contraception are all socially conservative positions, so they move the dot upwards. The fact that they are related to religion isn't really important as far as this goes.

I have seen die-hard conservatives, both socially and economically, who don't have any problems with those. Those are purely religious problems, and frankly, they give conservatives a bad name. They should just be labeled as religious and leave it at that.

To be fair, a lot of the sentiment may lie more with personal convictions rather than public. For example, someone such as myself is vehimently anti-homosexual from a relgious standpoint (I believe its morally wrong), but am pro-gay marriage because I simply don't have the right to force another person into my views.

Abortion is a little bit different of a matter, though, because you can have 2 sides to the same 'which side is restrctive towards personal liberty?' coin:

• One may believe that its authoritarian to ban a woman from having an abortion
  • Another may believe that its authoritarian to allow a woman to destroy a fetus 

Otherwise, most other issues are pretty cut and dry - either you are for restricting freedom to do something, or not.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

"Our race has many superior qualities, compared with other races."

I can't answer this without knowing whether it refers to species, culture, or pigmentation.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:

I can't answer this without knowing whether it refers to species, culture, or pigmentation.

I think it has mostly to do with ethnicity. I took it as 'my white race has many superior qualities, compared with other races'

I strongly disagreed, because I know asians are superior

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

mrstickball said:
Final-Fan said:

I think it has mostly to do with ethnicity. I took it as 'my white race has many superior qualities, compared with other races'
I strongly disagreed, because I know asians are superior

But IIRC, we're better drivers ... except for the ladies. 
But I can cross out the "species" option per the FAQ. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!

Edit: I am just here to say that this test while good, should ask a lot more questions.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Well, I caved in and went through all the questions. But I neither vouch for how accurately it depicts my "true" coordinates, nor that if I were to take the test again I would place in exactly the same place.