By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Super Dimensional Game Neptune Info/Screens - PS3, Summer 2010

badgenome said:
jbrist said:
I'd feel embarassed and ashamed playing games like this, seriously, half naked skimpily dressed women that look like school children with knockers bigger than their torso...

Seriously, I think these games are made for perverts, which is why I avoid them as best I can D:

Statistically speaking, you are probably a bigger deviant for not liking such things.

Statistically that's a load of bullshit and I have no desire to listen to statistics since they can be completely biased and aren't accurate in the slightest, if statistics show that 70% of men have black hair, yet only sample 2000 people, that's completely inaccurate and I shouldn't abide by it...

I'm entitled to an opinion, and funilly enough, that's what I gave, I seriously think games like this are annoying, I mean sure, they might have great storylines and witty humour, but the way they present it with anime styled girls with huge jugs, who seem to always look underage anyway, that's just not the way I roll...

Comprendé?

Around the Network

Looks a lot better then the other compile heart games.

jbrist said:
badgenome said:
jbrist said:
I'd feel embarassed and ashamed playing games like this, seriously, half naked skimpily dressed women that look like school children with knockers bigger than their torso...

Seriously, I think these games are made for perverts, which is why I avoid them as best I can D:

Statistically speaking, you are probably a bigger deviant for not liking such things.

Statistically that's a load of bullshit and I have no desire to listen to statistics since they can be completely biased and aren't accurate in the slightest, if statistics show that 70% of men have black hair, yet only sample 2000 people, that's completely inaccurate and I shouldn't abide by it...

I'm entitled to an opinion, and funilly enough, that's what I gave, I seriously think games like this are annoying, I mean sure, they might have great storylines and witty humour, but the way they present it with anime styled girls with huge jugs, who seem to always look underage anyway, that's just not the way I roll...

Comprendé?

Actually 2000 people should be enough for such a survey as long as they're really randomly chosen people from all over the world.

There will be a certain margin of error (like in every survey), but far from completely inaccurate.

Barozi said:
jbrist said:
badgenome said:
jbrist said:

Comprendé?

Actually 2000 people should be enough for such a survey as long as they're really randomly chosen people from all over the world.

There will be a certain margin of error (like in every survey), but far from completely inaccurate.

2000 is more than enough if the sample size isn't biased.

@ CGI

Of course it's going to be a bad game, but it's also going to be tons of fun. You've liked several bad games this generation.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Definitely looks interesting, and I guess I'm one of the few that enjoyed Cross Edge a lot.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
outlawauron said:
Barozi said:
jbrist said:
badgenome said:
jbrist said:

Comprendé?

2000 is more than enough if the sample size isn't biased.

@ CGI

Of course it's going to be a bad game, but it's also going to be tons of fun. You've liked several bad games this generation.

You mean Fracture and...........?

Besides, "bad" games are all on perception.

Fracture is one.

But I disagree about that. "Bad' isn't a perception. Bad is a technical term that doesn't reflect what you like or dislike in a product, but what it actually is. Whether that game is fun or enjoyable is something else. I've had fun with tons of bad/terrible games throughout my life of playing games.

I loved Cross Edge too. Staory was pretty good for a crossover game, and the battle system was actually fun one I figured it out compleatly.

Love Mir Forever!!
PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB
My Favorite Jrpg Series: Ar Tonelico, Lunar, Tales of, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy, Atelier/Mana Khemia, Suikoden, Grandia, Wild arms, and Disgaea.

CGI-Quality said:
outlawauron said:

Fracture is one.

But I disagree about that. "Bad' isn't a perception. Bad is a technical term that doesn't reflect what you like or dislike in a product, but what it actually is. Whether that game is fun or enjoyable is something else. I've had fun with tons of bad/terrible games throughout my life of playing games.

But to call it "bad" you'd have to name what's bad about it. And then it would have to be proven factually to be "bad":

Graphics - though subjective, could be used if the game just doesn't compete well on a visual level with other games in a said gen. Fracture wasn't visually "bad" IMO.

Game play - again, subjective as one man's rags is another man's riches.

Story - Ok, IMO, generic as ever, but someone out there liked it. How can I argue with them factually on this?

Controls - Usually not opinionated, but Fracture was very basic. Not too confusing.

Now, it had it's share of innovations, though it did get a little redundant. But what I've described here is mainly opinions. If the game was buggy, laggy, or on a bad code, then it could be seen as a bad title. Then again, some of the best games this gen are buggy messes, so even that could be seen as subjective.

Is Fracture the best game that I've played, no, far from it. Doesn't mean it's a fact that it's bad. If you said it was "critically" and commercially a failure, there's no argument there.

Graphics are not subjective. Art style is. You also need to factor framerate, pop-in, screen tearing, etc. All detrimental things that can not be ignored.

Gameplay isn't as full of objective things, but there are plenty of design choices you can pick apart. Repeititive and Reduncy are something you can mention as faults. (as you did in this post)

Story is very tough. You can judge it as a whole (how well written is it), etc. I am not very qualified to judge how well written that is, in great detail of course, as I'm an business student and know little on formal writing.

And listen. I'm NOT (edited. Thanks xxain) saying a bad game is a failure. I love countless bad games, and I don't want to associate the word "failure" with sub-par or bad.

outlawauron said:
CGI-Quality said:
outlawauron said:

Fracture is one.

But to call it "bad" you'd have to name what's bad about it. And then it would have to be proven factually to be "bad":

Graphics - though subjective, could be used if the game just doesn't compete well on a visual level with other games in a said gen. Fracture wasn't visually "bad" IMO.

Game play - again, subjective as one man's rags is another man's riches.

Story - Ok, IMO, generic as ever, but someone out there liked it. How can I argue with them factually on this?

Controls - Usually not opinionated, but Fracture was very basic. Not too confusing.

Now, it had it's share of innovations, though it did get a little redundant. But what I've described here is mainly opinions. If the game was buggy, laggy, or on a bad code, then it could be seen as a bad title. Then again, some of the best games this gen are buggy messes, so even that could be seen as subjective.

Is Fracture the best game that I've played, no, far from it. Doesn't mean it's a fact that it's bad. If you said it was "critically" and commercially a failure, there's no argument there.

Graphics are not subjective. Art style is. You also need to factor framerate, pop-in, screen tearing, etc. All detrimental things that can not be ignored.

Gameplay isn't as full of objective things, but there are plenty of design choices you can pick apart. Repeititive and Reduncy are something you can mention as faults. (as you did in this post)

Story is very tough. You can judge it as a whole (how well written is it), etc. I am not very qualified to judge how well written that is, in great detail of course, as I'm an business student and know little on formal writing.

And listen. I'm saying a bad game is a failure. I love countless bad games, and I don't want to associate the word "failure" with sub-par or bad.

I hope you meant to say " im NOT saying a bad game is failure"

Thanks for that xxain. I completely missed that.