By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Super Awesome Nintendo E3 prediction thread!

Because I believe this is both insane and could be right on the money I decided it must have it's own thread, so without further delay, here is the ultimate (yet almost realistic) Nintendo E3 Press Conference prediction:

Nintendo:

- Cammie comes out on stage, talks about Nintendo's successes and commitment to challenging the meaning of a Video Game even further, talks about continuing to innovate. Says Nintendo innovates in established franchises and in completely new ways of playing video games:

Pikmin 3 announced and gameplay trailer shown - Cammie talks about how the Wii enables Pikmin to become a more fun, pick up and play experience for everyone with co-op.

Wii Vitality Sensor and software unveiled - Cammie explains the ideas behind it, targeting the millions of stressed out people around the globe, the software helps people control their mental state, can help relief stress and anxiety and can help people sleep. Gameplay demonstration shown. RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED

- Reggie comes out on stage, says that software innovation will drive hardware sales, the innovation doesn't stop with Pikmin 3 and the Vitality Sensor.

Project Sora's new title announced and trailer shown - Reggie talks about this being a project not only new for gamers but for Nintendo as well. Says third parties are also working on brand new titles right at home on Wii.

Epic Mickey, NBA Jam, other/unannounced third party title/s shown

- Reggie says Nintendo strives to keep all its bases covered and that means satisfying the insatiable hunger of its long time fans, says he has three titles that he thinks will satisfy that hunger:

Metroid: Other M gameplay trailer shown

Xenoblade gameplay trailer shown

The Last Story trailer shown

- Cammie returns to the stage, gives the audience information on just how well the DS has sold from launch, how well the DSi XL has sold up until E3 and how it will continue to be a strong platform for third parties and consumers in the coming years. Says the DS platform has a library as strong as ever:

Golden Sun DS gameplay trailer shown - RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED

Dragon Quest IX gameplay trailer shown - RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED

*insert surprise DS game announcement here*

- Cammie talks about the third party success on the DS and the how the DSi adds even more opportunity for developers to be creative with DSiWare *shows/talks about some DSiWare titles*

Scribblenauts 2/Okamiden/some other third party DS games shown

- Cammie mention that Nintendo's support of the DS will continue into next year and beyond with the launch of Pokemon Black and White versions in 2011

*short DS marketing movie plays*

- Reggie takes the stage, talks about the momentum Nintendo has carried in the last few years and says that it's clear they will continue to carry that momentum into the future with the games shown already. He talks about Nintendo always thinking about what's next, how they can take gaming to the next level, saying that Nintendo will answer that question ONCE AGAIN today. Reggie pulls a 3DS out of his pocket, says it is the next leap in portable gaming, crafted with the same goals in mind that the DS was. He talks about the fact that we only really know about the way it looks and that it will be auto-stereoscopic 3D *unveils it's features* says developers are excited:

3DS movie plays with developers talking about how the 3DS excites them etc

- Reggie announces first games for 3DS

Super Mario Something 3DS gameplay trailer shown

Another 3DS title shown

- Satoru Iwata takes to the stage, talks about the potential of the 3DS, how it will expand the definition of gaming further than the DS or Wii, says it is the first step in their next effort to expand gameplay possibilities (likely referencing their next home system) talks about other 3DS stuff, mentions the Wii and DS also in some capacity.

- Reggie returns to the stage and turns the focus back to the Wii, Reggie says that he knows even with all the content shown, long time Nintendo fans will still be hungry and he has a couple of aces up his sleeve. He says that a key Nintendo developer has been quiet for quite a long time working on something big. He says that words don't do the game justice:

Retro Studios new title announced, trailer shown

*lights dim*

MIYAMOTO APPEARS! ZELDA~!!! OMGG!!!11

The Legend of Zelda: Wii gameplay trailer or epic proportions shown, huge trailer, lots of gameplay - RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED Miyamoto says it's the best game ever and stuff, Reggie comes back to say it's on the show floor to play, have a good one, and laughs because the Internet has probably imploded.

- Iwata comes on stage to laugh too

Around the Network

cammies gonna be at E3 again? shes a terrible press speaker i reckon lol

but anyway great prediction its something that i see happening

I watched the past E3 press conferences since 2004 to see if Nintendo had a pattern in their press conferences, they have a few, Cammie being at them is a recent one that doesn't look like it'll go away :

Nice post, seems very well thought out. I would say of the things I'm not sure of, I'm not convinced Pikmin 3 will be there, or that we will see Retro Studios project, although it is possible and I hope those both happen. I think that we will see another big title (sales wise) announced for 2010 holiday. I think Zelda and Vitality Sensor are a good start but they won't compare to the big 3 holiday titles of 2009, so they will want a safe bet like Mario Kart Wii 2 or Mario Party 9. If not that I think there will be some type of combination of smaller titles like Kirby and something else. It should definitely be a good presentation, and I hope there is a surprise or two nobody could see coming.

well it will be better than last years.

biggest title will be new zelda, plus should have wiivitality shown

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

I'd put the known Wii stuff (Xenoblade, Other M, Last Story) and the 3rd party Wii stuff right before the Retro Studios game, but leave the rest mostly where it is. They won't show a video of developers talking about working with the 3DS, though. Nintendo knows better than that.

Otherwise a good run. I agree that Pikmin 3 will probably be their lead-in.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

09tarheel said:
Nice post, seems very well thought out. I would say of the things I'm not sure of, I'm not convinced Pikmin 3 will be there, or that we will see Retro Studios project, although it is possible and I hope those both happen. I think that we will see another big title (sales wise) announced for 2010 holiday. I think Zelda and Vitality Sensor are a good start but they won't compare to the big 3 holiday titles of 2009, so they will want a safe bet like Mario Kart Wii 2 or Mario Party 9. If not that I think there will be some type of combination of smaller titles like Kirby and something else. It should definitely be a good presentation, and I hope there is a surprise or two nobody could see coming.

Unless Pikmin 3 isn't coming until the second half of 2011, I think it'll be shown, perhaps not to the capacity that I put, I didn't think that it'd come these holidays until I wrote this piece anyway. I don't think Retro's game will make it out this year, but we will see it, the guys from SPD that works with Retro and oversees their development said they'd be ready to show stuff around E3 this year.

It's Project Sora's title I'm the most apprehensive about, it'll have been a year and a half from the opening of the studio, will that be enough time to have a title ready that sounded quite ambitious in the next year or so? Maybe, maybe not..

Well, I fail at predicting, but what I would like to see is Wii VitSensor details and game(s), Details and release dates for The Last Story, Xenoblade, Golden Sun DS, Epic Mickey, 3DS or w/e it will be called, DQ stuff, A 2d Donkey Kong game (like NSMBWii),

Mr Khan said:

I'd put the known Wii stuff (Xenoblade, Other M, Last Story) and the 3rd party Wii stuff right before the Retro Studios game, but leave the rest mostly where it is. They won't show a video of developers talking about working with the 3DS, though. Nintendo knows better than that.

Otherwise a good run. I agree that Pikmin 3 will probably be their lead-in.

OH how you make me laugh xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJgL0qLItKI 5.00 minute mark :P Perhaps they'll have gotten over it by now though, as I said, I've used their patterns to make this prediction..

This got me thinking, what is intelligent systems working on? I know they just did a warioware game but that was out in japan a while ago.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius