By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Final Fantasy XIII is a MAJOR flop on the 360 - we need to talk about it

So basically you are saying, you don't understand and know how to use words in the english language. Because you don't use the word that = definition.

Statistical Analysis, Does not lie. You obviously want it to be a flop, so it is a flop. But Statistics and Definitions (usually the things you use when you're having an educated argument don't mean anything anything to you)

According to you, studying this site can make you more knowledgeable, when all this site is is elementary statistics.

Anyone can call anyone anything. The definition is what is generally accepted by society so by your definition. FFXIII and MGS4 is a Flop.

By the definition accepted by society it is not.

Around the Network
thelifatree said:

So basically you are saying, you don't understand and know how to use words in the english language. Because you don't use the word that = definition.

Statistical Analysis, Does not lie. You obviously want it to be a flop, so it is a flop. But Statistics and Definitions (usually the things you use when you're having an educated argument don't mean anything anything to you)

According to you, studying this site can make you more knowledgeable, when all this site is is elementary statistics.

Anyone can call anyone anything. The definition is what is generally accepted by society so by your definition. FFXIII and MGS4 is a Flop.

so rigid values,really?

Solid_Snake4RD said:
thelifatree said:

so rigid values,really?

It depends if you want to have an educated argument, or if you want to be like sarah palin spouting irrational nonsense.

When you sell something, you don't assume best case scenario. That's how your company goes out of business.

Did FFXIII achieve best case scenerio: NO

Did it Flop in Japan: This could go either way. An Attach Ratio of 2/5 is extremely high, but it still is likely to sell 1 million less than past FF, But, I doubt squares expectations could have been much higher. The factor that Sony is no longer the dominating console needs to be taken into factor here. But still it is reasonable for you to consider it a flop

In the west FFXIII, is well ahead of IX, XII, and VII and X in some countries.

I'm not sure if NPD's numbers of FFX of 6.6 Million Are Correct, Or the Numbers here 7.8 or something. But LT this will sell by trends of other ones probably 5.5-6 million.
Which is good considering, the 1 million sale drop in japan.

If you want to say the FFXIII flopped in Japan It's atleast reasonable by definition. (But stills stretching it)
In the west if the sales stop at zero. Right now. It could be called a flop (But still extremely stretching it)

thelifatree said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
thelifatree said:

so rigid values,really?

It depends if you want to have an educated argument, or if you want to be like sarah palin spouting irrational nonsense.

When you sell something, you don't assume best case scenario. That's how your company goes out of business.

Did FFXIII achieve best case scenerio: NO

Did it Flop in Japan: This could go either way. An Attach Ratio of 2/5 is extremely high, but it still is likely to sell 1 million less than past FF, But, I doubt squares expectations could have been much higher. The factor that Sony is no longer the dominating console needs to be taken into factor here. But still it is reasonable for you to consider it a flop

In the west FFXIII, is well ahead of IX, XII, and VII and X in some countries.

I'm not sure if NPD's numbers of FFX of 6.6 Million Are Correct, Or the Numbers here 7.8 or something. But LT this will sell by trends of other ones probably 5.5-6 million.
Which is good considering, the 1 million sale drop in japan.

If you want to say the FFXIII flopped in Japan It's atleast reasonable by definition. (But stills stretching it)
In the west if the sales stop at zero. Right now. It could be called a flop (But still extremely stretching it)

another big post.........................lol.

you argue on one thing,then you take another thing.then i say something,you leave that topic and go to another and then after 1-2 post you come back to it.and most of the time when i asked you what you expected from MW or Halo,u backed out or oh Darth please come in btw and help me

its not just square expectations,as a company to meet their goals they will always pust a low goal

Vii and X in some countries,just because hte standard of living has increased in some countries and most people in those countries don't follow franchise,they just picked it cause it was new game sort of thinking.but it will not finish near X and VII,if you do,that is because you are new and your predictions are weak.

hey you compare it to its expectations and not to what it has done in the past,Batman begins din't do so well at the box office atleast not as the big big boys but everybody expected Batman Dark Knight to do huge.Just why the hell is that

thelifatree said:
Zargeras said:

this whole thread was a joke for ppl that still havent got it, !, read slower next time and you might just get more out of the text!

I've to the thread was a joke, then someone took it seriously so I argued

therefore making me go down the toilet.

You didn't go down the toilet mate. "Flamebait jokes" like this should never even be posted in the first place. All they will do is rile up the "nobodys" that doesn't follow these forums well enough to know who RolStoppable is and all the "pranks" he/she tends to do around here. And when the flamers/trolls/aggressive posters/call them what you want get hooked, they get banned for taking the bait.

Anyways, thanks for a good and honest reply on my earlier post. I know I am being very negative towards FFXIII and SE in general, but I kinda feel that it is sort of justified. However, Square should make their games as they please and not to please me. I have missed out on many games before, and won't cry myself to sleep every night just because FFXIII didn't fit my tastes. Who knows, maybe when the game has had a price cut, I might get the game for myself, play it more intensively than I already have, and end up liking it in some way.

Around the Network
tjallern said:
thelifatree said:
Zargeras said:

this whole thread was a joke for ppl that still havent got it, !, read slower next time and you might just get more out of the text!

I've to the thread was a joke, then someone took it seriously so I argued

therefore making me go down the toilet.

You didn't go down the toilet mate. "Flamebait jokes" like this should never even be posted in the first place. All they will do is rile up the "nobodys" that doesn't follow these forums well enough to know who RolStoppable is and all the "pranks" he/she tends to do around here. And when the flamers/trolls/aggressive posters/call them what you want get hooked, they get banned for taking the bait.

Anyways, thanks for a good and honest reply on my earlier post. I know I am being very negative towards FFXIII and SE in general, but I kinda feel that it is sort of justified. However, Square should make their games as they please and not to please me. I have missed out on many games before, and won't cry myself to sleep every night just because FFXIII didn't fit my tastes. Who knows, maybe when the game has had a price cut, I might get the game for myself, play it more intensively than I already have, and end up liking it in some way.

I honestly get confused by the baiting... because for me atleast sarchasm is hard especially on the internet.

Yeah, well I love the game... But like I can even see how someone can not like it or even hate it. Most Final Fantasy's have even been that way love hate with different groups of fans etc... it's just this one to an extreme extent. And I can see why... because normally they gradually change things that piss certain people off, and then back off from it. This one they did a lot more of that than they ever have before.

But thanks for your posts. I like those kind of ones because there interesting. I just don't enjoy ones. That are negative without substance, because if it has substance it makes you think. And it least have fun arguing :P

If it doesn't have substance it conversations end up like this =  A:It sucks!.
B:Lightning is fat and ugly

or something :P

Bullet100000 said:
Ahh man CGI-Quality spoiled the fun for everyone.

how? it has been repeatedly stated that the thread was a joke and people are still taking it seriously. should be fine.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

Qays said:
Granted Shooters and Western RPG's normally have even worst stories but they dont play

Shooters, sure. But Mass Effect's storyline is a lot better than XIII's, for example.

I think you're mixing up story and character development/interaction.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Mass Effect 1 has a better story than XIII as well as better character development.

Qays said:
Mass Effect 1 has a better story than XIII as well as better character development.

in your opinion.