By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 50 million sold

Tridrakious said:
RageBot said:
You mean... by the end of next March?

Duh...

I'm going by Fiscal Year=FY.

Sony's FY 2011 ends next March. So yes. March.

Cool, so anyway I agree, it will be 50 million (+- 2 mil).

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network

Well let's see, it's at 34m, now, I'm gonna' say it can push another 10m by the end of the year, that's 44m, which would mean 6m in just 3 months of 2011, I can't see that happening, however, if by some miracle, the PS3 does another 13m - 14m this year, which is still pushing it... A LOT then it could achieve 50m by March next year.

Either way you look at it, still pretty unlikely, but we can always hope.

RageBot said:
Tridrakious said:
RageBot said:
You mean... by the end of next March?

Duh...

I'm going by Fiscal Year=FY.

Sony's FY 2011 ends next March. So yes. March.

Cool, so anyway I agree, it will be 50 million (+- 2 mil).

I see it as possible the PS3 could sell more than 50 million units if they deliver keys games and features.

PlayStation Move/Navigator, Socom 4, Gran Turismo 5, The Last Guardian (going to be strong in Japan) and Cross Game Voice Chat (not a system seller, but it's going to be something that just continues to add to the "It Only Does Everything" campaign.

Very possible

I'm very confident the PS3 will do 13-15 this year
There are big system sellers coming this year and next year like Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy Versus XIII

All they gotta do is put out a gran turismo bundle out worldwide and Im pretty damn sure they gunna do it.

Around the Network

It'll be close. It depends on Sony's marketing. It's always kinda sucked, but they've been getting better. If they can keep improving, then yes they can.

Assuming the PS3 manages 225k every week for the next 32 weeks (now until November ish) [7.2m], 450k a week for 4 weeks after that [1.8m], 750k for 2 more [1.5m], and one 900k Christmas week, I got the PS3 at.....

*uses fingers* 7.2+1.8= 9. Nine plus 2.4= 11.4m from now until the end of the year. It will probably sell 2.4 million tops in Jan. 2011-March 2011

That makes 11.8m from now until next March, bringing the PS3 to..... 45.8 million

Sorry, it won't make it by a long shot.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

That would be nice, but Sony can't even put enough consoles when the demand is there, I have my doubt when everyone will be talking about Natal.

I see 12 to 13 million again.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

A GT5 bundle would help keep the momentum up heck just having the game out will help. Although I think it would take a bit more to get all the way to 50milllion but I'm sure there will be

Will Sony Manufacture 16m consoles by FY 2011? Demand might not matter at all if they do not make enough systems. Do we know how many they are targeting to sell this year (Like the 13m last year?)

We saw shortages this year because they underestimated demand. All depends on whether they change their strategy.